General Chat

Stevo985

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

We've had several people leave over the past few weeks and work volumes have been increasing at the same time.

I've just had my monthly review with my team leader who couldn't praise me enough for the work I did last week, picking up other people's work in their absence, doubling my work load, meeting lots of deadlines etc. He said he's going to push for me to get a good bonus this quarter.

At the end of the meeting he asked if there was anything else I wanted to talk about. I said no, I'm a happy bunny. He said (as we were standing up and walking out the room), "I've got one small thing, just a heads up. Can you stop going on 'VillaTalk', whatever that is?"

Kind of put a dampener on the whole thing.

I've had that exact same review before :D 

• Like 1

That would piss me off soooooooo much. Managers who think more gets done, by already effective hard working staff, if they cut out some leisure surfing needs to be fired on the spot!

Why is is so hard for some to understand that you simply cannot be effective for 8 hours straight:rant:

My work has 2 offices, one where you sit in silence all day apart from the sly moans when you walk in at 8.55 and leave at 5.05* at the other office people come and go as they please, we have the radio on, spend at least an hour a day putting the world to rights (and usually another hour talking about how shit all our football teams are) and yet I somehow get far more done

*we have a bloke sat in the corner and I'll stroll in last (I live an hour away everyone else lives 10 mins away) and say "morning mate you alright" and get a response of "yep" :lol: 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm just surprised you get time to post on a forum during your working day!

Depends on the job doesn't it?

Some days I have no time to post. Sometimes I'm literally at my computer all day crunching numbers.
On those days I have pretty regular VT breaks. Keeps me sane.

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Depends on the job doesn't it?

Some days I have no time to post. Sometimes I'm literally at my computer all day crunching numbers.
On those days I have pretty regular VT breaks. Keeps me sane.

My only browse of VT is on my phone when i'm having a well deserved poo break :D

14 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Happy Sweden Day!!!

I can think of other things synonymous with Sweden but i'd probably get banned for posting them! :)

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can think of other things synonymous with Sweden but i'd probably get banned for posting them! :)

Are you thinking about my soon to be ex coworker winky.gif

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

You must be perma-shitting! 

Well, ulcerative colitis does do that to you! ;)

I only ever post in the evening or at weekends. Otherwise I'd be rivalling Stevo for number of posts! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tegis said:

Are you thinking about my soon to be ex coworker winky.gif

Happy Sweden day to you too :thumb:

When I think of Sweden I think of the lovely surströmming.

• Like 1

Â