General Chat

Stevo985

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

99% of bands would dream of being able to write the masterplan, an album that's a collection of oasis b-sides

The thing is they could make another 2 B-Side albums that are still better than most bands output . 

The thing that held Oasis back was their song selection .

Noel Gallagher has threw away songs that most bands would kill for, and he is still doing it as a solo artist too. A simple Game of Genius is a B-Side FFS !!!!

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The thing is they could make another 2 B-Side albums that are still better than most bands output . 

Noel Gallagher has threw away songs that most bands would kill for, and he is still doing it as a solo artist too. A simple Game of Genius is a B-Side FFS !!!!

all he's done there is steal Dear Prudence throw in a bit of little by little and there is a slight hint of Magic Pie as well I think   ..

I reckon I could knock out a few albums on that basis

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

all he's done there is steal Dear Prudence throw in a bit of little by little and there is a slight hint of Magic Pie as well I think   ..

That is all he has done his whole career ! 

He is very good at it to be fair .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

please do, music now is shite.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I always thought The Enemy would go on to big things, they were great in Heaton Park (the gig before Oasis split up in 09), but the main singer (Tom?) is a massive dick, but in a pip-squeak way, not a Liam (I will probably chin you, or try) Gallagher.

Nah, they released so much shite they should have been called the Enema.

If BRMC had been British they'd have been up there with the biggest since 2000 IMO.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Outside of pulp and the stone roses every single band mentioned on this page is truly the stuff of nightmares.

I really don't get the love in for the stone roses. 1 decent album and 1 terrible one and a front man who can't sing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Great Oasis songs that are unknown/underrated;

Gas Panic!

Let's all make believe

Cover of My Generation

Cover of Helterskelter

No I won't let you down

Don't go away

She is love

The boy with the blues

Noel Gallagher song everyone needs to hear;

A simple game of genius

There's more, need ipod tomorrow emoji38.png

i love lets all make believe and dont go away.

cant take to muse or radiohead, cant stand arctic monkeys and kasabian irritate the **** out of me because they give it the lad thing when they are just plastic wannabes. i get what ingram said about growing up about oasis but at the time they were the real deal and could walk the walk. stone roses were great but never lasted long enough, the mondays were too busy smoking crack to care, the charlatans were just boring and the smiths were shite. take me back to 1970 with zep,purple and sabbath and thats where i belong and call home.

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Some of the Noel solo stuff is very old Oasis songs that never made it to their early albums like Stop the Clocks and (I Wanna Live in a Dream in My) Record Machine. They must be 20 years old. 

A lot of old Oasis demos out there of some really decent tracks, that were better than their later output.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

Been a tough couple of weeks. Had to say goodbye to my dad. He was more like a mate to me and influenced me and my brother so much. From everything to supporting Villa, music tastes and how to be a good dad. Cherish your parents.

Sorry to hear that. I lost my father not too long ago, and it's still tough. But you get through it with the good memories.

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

One decent album and one bloody brilliant one (the 2nd). Sod the singer, the guitarist was fantastic. 

So was the bassist and drummer.

I am with you on Second  Coming too. I prefer it to the debut.

That Love Spreads intro ...

• Like 1

Â