General Chat

Stevo985

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a fairly casual follower of Drake, but a lot of his stuff I like. The only album I've heard is "If you're reading this..." and it was ok.

There's a hip hop thread somewhere, we should take this convo there to avoid the wrath of the music snobs ;)

His most recent mixtape "If You're Reading This..." was superb and probably is his best release. Honestly, everything he's done since 2014 has been almost untouchable. From features, to career-ending diss tracks he's just been ridiculous. Just waiting for him to cap it all off in April.

That Drake beef with Meek Mill (who is trash) was embarrassing, none of the 'diss' tracks were are good. Drake got a lot of buzz for 'charged up' and 'back to back' but LOL they  really pale in comparison with the great 'diss' tracks such as No Vaseline, Bitch In You, Ether, Takeover, Dollars and Sense, Hit Em Up, Bridge is Over, 2nd Round KO and the list goes on.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a fairly casual follower of Drake, but a lot of his stuff I like. The only album I've heard is "If you're reading this..." and it was ok.

There's a hip hop thread somewhere, we should take this convo there to avoid the wrath of the music snobs ;)

and the grammar snobs  :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Kanye West's music is **** shit.

Other than catching a few minutes of him performing the impossible and actually making a Queen track sound even worse (  at Glastonbury ?)  , I've never heard any of his music .... I just sorta know he isn't going to be my cup of tea   , and before anyone starts I've listened to hip hop I even bought Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby so I can't be accused of racism 

• Like 3

Is House of Pain - Jump Around regarded as hip hop?  If it is then that's my one&done in that genre.  I'm not down with the cool kids but that one does get the juices flowing :)

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Is House of Pain - Jump Around regarded as hip hop?  If it is then that's my one&done in that genre.  I'm not down with the cool kids but that one does get the juices flowing :)

It sure is, and also a staple of every Indie Disco in the 90s. I think I can probably still recite every word of that song.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Young Thug has taken 'Hip Hop' to an whole other level, best rapper ever, he doing to rap what someone like Coltrane did to Jazz.

I quite like him as it goes but come on. Did you start listening to hip hop yesterday or something? 

I'm no expert at all but even I know he's not doing anything with it that artists like A$AP Rocky weren't doing 5 years ago. 

Â