General Chat

Stevo985

Radiohead went with the grain and made grunge music in the early 90s, because American grunge was popular (ala Nirvana).

Oasis were only invented because Noel and Liam were bored with all the pop/grunge in music at the time, and also because Liam wanted to recreate the Stone Roses (who I also like).

Also, as Noel says "who wants to listen about someone else problems?  Music should make you happy" - and I agree with that, I mean, I know some Oasis songs are pretty depressing, but most of them are upbeat songs you can listen to on a night out - hence why there is a "I know where I was when Morning Glory came out".

I like Radiohead, but they're not rock and roll are they?

I tell you what though, there's a **** gaping maw of an opportunity for some 17 year olds to get together and make some proper rock and roll music and become absolutely huge.  There isn't anyone under 40 and already famous doing it now.  Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian etc are fast food bands - they have 1 or 2 good songs on an entire album.  Oasis always (imo) had about 5/6.

Should try The Strypes.👍

cant take to muse or radiohead, cant stand arctic monkeys and kasabian irritate the **** out of me because they give it the lad thing when they are just plastic wannabes.

When have Arctic Monkeys 'given it the lad thing'?

33 minutes ago, chappy said:

When have Arctic Monkeys 'given it the lad thing'?

Never :lol:

Kasabian yes, of the same ilk as Oasis. Arctic Monkeys, definitely not.

Just 4 very talented quiet lads from Sheffield who blew up through the brilliance of Alex Turner.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love his first 3 albums, but I don't care for anything he's done since then. Just doesn't have the same appeal anymore.

Yeezus was excellent. As was Dark Twisted Fantasy. 

But I have a feeling LOP will be toilet. Too much hype.

• Like 1

I like bits and pieces from those two. I feel like he's been going down the rabbit hole of insanity for a long time. And not the good kind of insanity that leads to cool music. I bet LoP is a trainwreck.

This year the only album I'm looking forward to Drake's Views from the 6 tbh

• Like 1

I'm a fairly casual follower of Drake, but a lot of his stuff I like. The only album I've heard is "If you're reading this..." and it was ok.

There's a hip hop thread somewhere, we should take this convo there to avoid the wrath of the music snobs ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeezus was excellent. As was Dark Twisted Fantasy. 

But I have a feeling LOP will be toilet. Too much hype.

Both of those albums sucked, he hasn't made a good album since Graduation and has never topped his debut album as far as I'm concerned. 

Hip-hop is in a really bad place at the moment.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Both of those albums sucked, he hasn't made a good album since Graduation and has never topped his debut album as far as I'm concerned. 

You're wrong (imo obvs)

Well, not about his debut album. That is excellent and still probably my favourite.

But DTF and Yeezus were also great. Although Yeezus was a huge grower. Took me about 6 or 7 listens before I really loved it.

Â