General Chat

Stevo985

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I quite like him as it goes but come on. Did you start listening to hip hop yesterday or something? 

I'm no expert at all but even I know he's not doing anything with it that artists like A$AP Rocky weren't doing 5 years ago. 

No I didn't start listening to it yesterday I've been listening a while and have heard a bigger enough scope of the genre to be able to inform my opinion. He's much better than A$AP Rocky. Maybe you haven't heard enough Thug, his vocal style is complex, and beyond the more chart friendly stuff and takes some listening to get attuned to it, that's why I compared it to Coltrane. There have been rappers in the past with a similar style before A$AP Rocky, like Busdriver and Abstract Rude and others, Young Thug has taken it to an whole other level.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

SpaceGhostPurrp flies under the radar still doesn't he, which is odd. 

He does, which is how he likes it I'd imagine. Another one is Lil Ugly Mane who put out his very last release a couple of months ago.

2 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

That is the worst hiphop I've listened to in about a year. Autotune and stripped back 808 crunk beats, my absolute favourite.

I feel like I have to clean my ears. I might put Big Grams or Run the Jewels.

Run the Jewels is some the worst Hip Hop I've ever heard, considering that it's meant to be so highly rated. And I'm not saying that to spite you because you don't like Young Thug lol.

• Like 1

Â