General Chat

Stevo985

The only thing worse than cricket on the radio is golf on the radio.

On a serious note (as the above post is obviously just a reiteration of previously acknowledged antipathies with the addendum 'on the radio' :) ), tennis on the radio has to be one of the worst. By the time the commentator has finished the phrase 'cross court topspin backhand' they've hit about three more shots.

Cricket and golf (with their much slower tempo) are very suited to commentary on the radio (dependent upon the ability of the commentator).

Tennis may well be less suited to radio, but golf's intrinsic boringness is only exacerbated by radio commentary. Zzzzzzzz....

Tennis may well be less suited to radio, but golf's intrinsic boringness is only exacerbated by radio commentary. Zzzzzzzz....

You're going to have to explain why commentary by radio (which would be painting a picture with words) would exacerbate something's boringness unless the commentary were shite or you weren't willing to allow words to ameliorate an otherwise unpleasant scene - that's if you're going to have me believe that the post above is not just a confirmation of what I already posted about your antipathies. Edited by snowychap

Just waiting to get called in for my first ever proper job interview, to say I am shitting myself would be a massive understatement

if at all possible, leave the shitting until you are back out of the room

not everyone is a fan of the mid interview shit

"Miss D'Arcy, quickly, phone HR and Cleansing - we have a dumper..."

Flight booked for the 17th. New life begins :-)

Great stuff

Out of interest what do your family and friends think of your new life? 

Â