General Chat

Stevo985

For instance, had Greater Manchester spawned The Belfry we'd all know about it. Same with Land Rover being in Solihull - we're it in Salford it would be a Manchester car company.

So the same would apply to Merseyside and its TWO regular Open Golf championship courses? Do you never hear the end of them?

EDIT: Oh and you do realise Jaguar Land Rover are a Merseyside company too?

Brum has more Michelin starred restaurants than anywhere outside of London, is regularly considered the curry capital, gave us the balti

This is a myth by the way… Ludlow, yes Ludlow has more.

Is that like myth that Birmingham has more canals than Venice? When the actual truth is Birminghams canals has more shopping trolleys in its canals than venice

• Like 2

Honestly dont have a clue who that is?

On a serious point, isn't Birmingham a bigger tourist attraction in England outside London?

It's Mike Skinner (from "The Streets")

I actually quite like The Streets. He's a bellend though.

Greater Manchester seems better at pulling all its towns under the one 'Manchester' banner.. while Birmingham is very fragmented... parts that fall under Brum don't even like being associated to them (Sutton Coldfield for one - although mainly the older generation who remember pre 1974) and obviously you've got towns/cities under the wider West Mids area like Wolves, West Brom, Walsall, Coventry, who don't like the Birmingham association either. 

On a serious point, isn't Birmingham a bigger tourist attraction in England outside London?

Well I saw something that said London, Manchester, Birmingham have the most foreign visitors a year.  In that order.

You can bet your arse Man Utd pilgrims make up most of Manchester's figure though.

You'd probably be wrong

Take out the business trips i.e. not culturally related and Birmingham is only just in the top ten. Manchester is consistently above it anyway

Well I saw something that said London, Manchester, Birmingham have the most foreign visitors a year.  In that order.

You can bet your arse Man Utd pilgrims make up most of Manchester's figure though.

You'd probably be wrong

Take out the business trips i.e. not culturally related and Birmingham is only just in the top ten. Manchester is consistently above it anyway

I think this is what I saw...  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/picturegalleries/10069138/Britains-most-visited-cities.html?frame=2568190

It actually has Edinburgh ahead of both Brum and Manc, so has Birmingham as the 4th most visited city.

You'd probably be wrong

I think this is what I saw...  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/picturegalleries/10069138/Britains-most-visited-cities.html?frame=2568190

It actually has Edinburgh ahead of both Brum and Manc, so has Birmingham as the 4th most visited city.

Didn't watch the video I take it

Things I hate about Manchester:

The accent

MUFC

MCFC

Terry Christian

The Arndale

Monkey faced goons walking like words removed

Things I hate about Birmingham:

sha

Birmingham wins 6-1.

• Like 3

They even have the audacity to say The Charlatans (A Brummie band) are a Manc band.

Talking of which I have tickets to see them live in March :)

Is there a Charlatans tribute band?
The proper ones not your charlatan charlatans
  • Like 1

They even have the audacity to say The Charlatans (A Brummie band) are a Manc band.

Talking of which I have tickets to see them live in March :)

In Manchester or Birmingham? ......

London :)

Â