General Chat

Stevo985

I can see the next food scandal looming

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26167925

Giraffe bacon anyone?

That's a really distressing read. Apparently the breeding program body turned down a request from Yorkshire Wildlife Park for the previous Giraffe they slaughtered because they already had his brother there and they didn't want him potentially muddying the gene pool.

I get the science behind it. I just think it's really shameful. We took these animals from their homes and now we're unable to reintegrate them (and perhaps don't want to) so we're forced to **** around with natural selection by murdering innocent beings.

We should be way beyond killing anything we're not eating, or does not present a danger to us.

• Like 1

I find it absolutely astonishing that in this day and age we force teach religious education.

Good luck to you Stefan if it's what you want, but I'm also surprised you're able to suspend your beliefs enough to work in a Catholic school. Pictures of Jesus everywhere you look and that, it'd drive me potty.

I was actually taught by nuns in Primary School for a while so maybe that's whats wrong with me. :D

Nasty beggars though.

Giraffe bacon anyone?

That's a really distressing read. Apparently the breeding program body turned down a request from Yorkshire Wildlife Park for the previous Giraffe they slaughtered because they already had his brother there and they didn't want him potentially muddying the gene pool.

I get the science behind it. I just think it's really shameful. We took these animals from their homes and now we're unable to reintegrate them (and perhaps don't want to) so we're forced to **** around with natural selection by murdering innocent beings.

We should be way beyond killing anything we're not eating, or does not present a danger to us.

Many would argue eating doesn't justify the killing.

Giraffe bacon anyone?

Many would argue eating doesn't justify the killing.

Many would, I'm not one of them. I love meat and I think it's necessary as part of a healthy diet. Though I do think that all intense farming of any kind should be banned. Everything we eat should be free range and organic.

The biggest arguments against that would be price and the ability to supply demand, I'm not entirely sure how you solve those. This is a relatively new moral stand point for me.

Do people buy gifts for their parents' wedding anniversary?

It's my parents' 30th on Sunday, they're going away for a couple of days.

I don't think I've ever bought them anything for their anniversary, but feel like I should for this milestone.

Edited by Stevo985

I don't think I've ever bought them anything for their anniversary, but feel like I should for this milestone.

Get them a vibrator. Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 2

Get them a vibrator.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah definitely. That's a proper achievement.

The 30th Wedding Anniversary is Pearl - which is a tricky one. Mother of pearl photoframe with a picture of them in?

It's my parents Ruby Wedding Anniversary in April, 40 years, madness.

• Like 1

Â