General Chat

Stevo985

They say knighthoods are handed out willy-nilly these days don't they, we'll there's one they got spot on. If it were the 14th century he'd be the one defending the queen.

Man crush.

There weren't any 14th Century queens :)

Oh yes there were.  Philippa wife of Edward III for a start.  Queen's College Oxford was named after her.

But knights didn't protect the monarch's consort, they protected the monarch.

They say knighthoods are handed out willy-nilly these days don't they, we'll there's one they got spot on. If it were the 14th century he'd be the one defending the queen.

Man crush.

Margaret I of Denmark

Man crush.

Margaret I of Denmark

Did she have knights? If so I withdraw my previous statement and will wear a silly hat.

Man crush.

Oh yes there were.  Philippa wife of Edward III for a start.  Queen's College Oxford was named after her.

But knights didn't protect the monarch's consort, they protected the monarch.

I didn't say anything about a knight's duties either way.  I merely corrected your incorrect assertion that there weren't any 14th century queens.  Although of course, one of the keys ideas of Chivalry was that of gallantry towards women.

I aim to have thighs like Chris Hoy

They are absolutely ridiculous. Each leg like two of my own. He could squat the velodrome I reckon.

Not sure if you've ever met him, you've a good chance of it now you're in the Olympic family.

chris-hoy1.jpg

Yeah... He lifts I'd say.

• Like 1

Had an awesome day, was driving home in good spirits belting out some song on the radio and I get hit by a panic attack and had to pull over and compose myself. So annoying that it's happening even when I'm not anxious now!

I didn't say anything about a knight's duties either way.  I merely corrected your incorrect assertion that there weren't any 14th century queens.  Although of course, one of the keys ideas of Chivalry was that of gallantry towards women.

Yes you are correct, I was wrong. I am now wearing a silly hat.

Although I think you've fallen for a romantic whimsy if you think knights treated women as anything other than chattels (except when the monarch was a queen, obviously).

Crazy  :puke:

Love it :D

I think Mustang Wanted (Not his real name) is the King of that type of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loGM3VvpsOE

I aim to have thighs like Chris Hoy

They are absolutely ridiculous. Each leg like two of my own. He could squat the velodrome I reckon.

Not sure if you've ever met him, you've a good chance of it now you're in the Olympic family.

chris-hoy1.jpg

Yeah... He lifts I'd say.

Sir Chris Hoy is a perfect gentleman.

Does that make it sound like he's taken me out on a date?

Im on Tinder. Its brilliant! I struggle hugely with the meeting of girls part of life, talking to one in a bar / nightclub utterly terrorfies me, so Tinder takes away a little bit of that pressure. Had one Tinder date so far, was a mixed bag. (The date itself, not the female). Onwards and upwards!

I haven't used Tinder but used similar sites in the past for dates and hook-ups. Its a good way to meet people and on the plus side, had some good shags out of it. Plus my last serious girlfriend. 

I feel a sense of relief and then shame after shaking my nozzle.

On a unrelated matter, a guy in my office has Tourettes. Diagnosed by myself from the NHS website. Lamentably, its not the foul mouthed outburst type  :(

Could be ADD / ADHD.  Its the impulse to say stuff and there not being a mechanism to stop it coming out into the world.  Sounds like it as the lack of swearing / spitting /  ticks and stuff points to something else.

(get him to do one of the 100's of tests on the internet)

It makes me tired to try and keep my mouth shut,  especially in meetings and things.  (Not great with emails or even worse,  instant messaging at work. )

When I said "Me love you long time,  5 dorra" to the Philippine  cleaner at work for example.  Not my best moment :-)

Its constant clearing of the throat. He's ok when he's quiet and not talking but as soon as he speaks it starts. The more stressful the conversation (confrontation with clients, difficult phone calls, etc) it gets worse. 

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Tourette-syndrome/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

I've tried to talk to him about it but he's just insistent its a sore throat and will get better, He's kidding himself but if he's not prepared to seek help, what can I do?

I like your line to the Filipino cleaner  :D  Especially as they don't sound like that! They usually have perfect English  :)

Â