General Chat

Stevo985

Vicious or not, staffies are one of the ugliest breeds of dog, imo *tin hat*

yep along with the English terrior.

Always wondered why people have Staffs when They are associated with scrubbers who wear mcenzie tracksuits and are unemployed

Edited by Jimzk5

Always wondered why people have Staffs when They are associated with scrubbers who wear mcenzie tracksuits and are unemployed

Why should that have any impact on what type of dog someone wants?

It shouldn't, just wondered if that ever crossed their mind when getting one

Why should that have any impact on what type of dog someone wants?

It shouldn't, just wondered if that ever crossed their mind when getting one

Not at all, I've had 2 staffies and both were the softest, friendliest idiots you could wish for and were great with kids, I was only 3 when we had the first one and the second one was a pup when my nephew was still a baby.

having said that the second one is a full on retard, she is scared of umbrellas, fizzy pop, and mashed potato.

WTF is going on in Denmark with these giraffe killings? They've had offers from other zoos to take them, but they seem to want to KILL. Very disturbing.

I saw the interview with the head of the zoo, who sort of had me convinced that he had a point.  They couldn't give them to the zoos that offered to take them, because it would have interfered with the breeding programme they all take part in, where the gene pool is closely monitored.  In a very matter of fact sort of way he stated that this this was the best outcome all round.

Oh and I don't even own a tracksuit let alone a mckenzie one...and I do have a job

I didn't say every staff owner did, but that breed over the last 10 years has been associated with those types.

as i said, i just wondered if people thought about that when picking a dog

Anyone any good of thinking of catchy names? My girlfriends brother is teaching in Athy, Kildare and is trying to get an Easter Kids Camp going when they're off and is looking for a name. Feel free to throw out any suggestions, the good ones will be passed on and claimed as my own.

Anyone any good of thinking of catchy names? My girlfriends brother is teaching in Athy, Kildare and is trying to get an Easter Kids Camp going when they're off and is looking for a name. Feel free to throw out any suggestions, the good ones will be passed on and claimed as my own.

How about 'Folski's Girlfriend's Brother's Athy Easter Kid's Camp'?

Failing that (and keeping with Hitz's theme), "Eggschwitz".

• Like 2

Athy Spunk Drinking Festival

Do people buy gifts for their parents' wedding anniversary?

It's my parents' 30th on Sunday, they're going away for a couple of days.

I don't think I've ever bought them anything for their anniversary, but feel like I should for this milestone.

Yeah definitely. That's a proper achievement.

The 30th Wedding Anniversary is Pearl - which is a tricky one. Mother of pearl photoframe with a picture of them in?

It's my parents Ruby Wedding Anniversary in April, 40 years, madness.

I don't buy mine anything. I feel its their special day so leave them to it. I know that makes me sound grumpy and tight but i'm generous at Birthday's and Christmas!  :D

Â