General Chat

Stevo985

just seen a guy in the states has used the "it wasn't me it was my twin brother" defence in a sexual assault case, they have DNA evidence and had him nailed but the judge has approved this defence

bet that'll be an elephant in the room during thanksgiving dinner...

If they're identical twins the DNA evidence would presumably be next to useless..... no? 

DNA has 100 million mutations so their DNA  would be different  .. however I don't think the technology is around yet to find these 100 million in amongst the 3 billion base pairs   ... so yes for now but anyone with a twin  get your crime in quick before the tech catches up

they'd have different finger prints though so might have been able to place one of them at the scene presuming they touched something / didn't wear gloves

Edited by tonyh29

I spot a way of getting away with it!

....unless those pesky kids turn up!

That reminds me. I have a mischievous internal self-destruct button. By which I mean I'll do something like try to make myself laugh at very inopportune times and I can't for the life of me help it. The most recent example was on my final lift of a fairly heavy bench press (with very little energy left in my arms). I usually try to remember something funny and then try not to. This time I managed to remember villaajax's post of "Run! It's old man BOF!" which gave me just enough of a giggle to almost completely collapse under the pressure and look a right eejit. So thanks for that villaajax :)
  • Like 1

Man next to me on bus smelt like fried pepperami.

He's not alone, I'd say 90% of men smell bad.

That's an awful lot of man-sniffing you've been doing there. I think it might be time to get a new hobby.

• Like 1

with the twins from what I can gather the charged brother still stands trial, if he's found not guilty then the brother will subsequently be arrested and stand another trial, in which case with a different jury id take a wild guess at what his defence would be....

that's certainly appears to be the opinion of my wife who will be sat with a coffee awaiting my return, life assurance policy clutched in hand

but for £8 it looked worth a go

Take her off your policy before you get on. That'll show her for her lack of faith!  :D

DNA has 100 million mutations so their DNA  would be different

DNA doesn't have any mutations, but I think I know what you are trying to say.

Younger siblings can have actually have cells containing their older siblings' DNA.

• Like 1

DNA has 100 million mutations so their DNA  would be different  .. however I don't think the technology is around yet to find these 100 million in amongst the 3 billion base pairs   ... so yes for now but anyone with a twin  get your crime in quick before the tech catches up

I like you, Tony, but ... what the codswallopy cod are you on about there?

Is there an ion of your being that understands probability?

Â