General Chat

Stevo985

I've hurt my knee but I don't know how bad it is.

Anyone hurt their knee before?

Which one have you hurt?

I hurt my left knee once so if you've hurt your left knee I can help, but, if it's your right knee...I'm afraid I have no experience in that area.

• Like 3

Right  :detect:

Ah, I'm sorry I'm of no use.

I remember it feeling strange, marginally twingey (Very painful when it occurred) and was extremely boiling.....ut like I say that was my left knee and you've hurt your right, which is completely different so I can't help.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who finds booking flights online to be a nervous and unpleasant experience? The thoughts of the smallest detail being wrong and then only becoming an issue at the gate on the day resulting in no flight, means the heartbeat speeds up as soon as I start the whole process. Then the final proper panic as you click 'purchase' and your brain says "but what if something's wrong?!!?!?!" at the point where there's no going back. Anyway it's done now. Don't like it.

Try booking something like 14 flights in one go as I do on my trips , you have to sorta line them all up and almost do a dummy run and check and triple check that everything lines up ... And allow a bit of breathing space with connecting flights as missing one could leave you stranded

Worse one to plan was Samoa as back them you crossed the date line on the way back to Oz so lost a whole day which nearly caught me out for booking my return flight home to the Uk

Touch wood I've not missed a flight yet ... Few narrow escapes and planes that they moved the flight times after I've booked them all bit so far so good

Anyone have any idea how school catchment areas work?

We're planning to move in two years, but the closest secondary school will be Lyndon (1 mile), but we'd prefer Langley (2.1 miles)

It's a long time away yet, but we want it to be our last house for a long time.

Anyone have any idea how school catchment areas work?

We're planning to move in two years, but the closest secondary school will be Lyndon (1 mile), but we'd prefer Langley (2.1 miles)

It's a long time away yet, but we want it to be our last house for a long time.

Wave a cheque book at some private school and you can live where you want

Probably not helping much though am I :)

On the subject of killing things unnecessarily:

I once had to drop a friend off at a farm during a period of some heavy rain. About halfway down the track I ran into a number of toads who had inexplicably formed a road block infront of me, i'm not sure what their cause was but they were certainly dedicated to it. I took some considerable time painstakingly moving them out of the way, getting very wet in the process. However, as the track went on, their resistance grew exponentially in terms of numbers. I took the merciless decision to plough on in my car regardless, hundreds of them succumbing to a horrible and undignified death at the hands of my car's tyres. It was a crushing experience and not one that I enjoyed, despite it's comic & anecdotal value. Upon reaching my destination I had a quick assessment of the damage before returning to the safety of my car; all 4 tyres were caked in a sticky, bloody toad-like mess. There were even identifiable toad parts still clinging to the rubbery walls of my car's tyres. On my way back down the track I gazed on in horror as I realised the true extent of my toad-pogrom, or toadmageddon as my friend aptly suggested. Several hundred or more carcasses lay in the wake of my car's relentless tracks, tended by those who had been left to mourn the deceased. I took care to re-trace my steps, but this only served to inflict a final blow to those who had lost loved ones only minutes earlier. By the time I had come to the end of the track my guilt had been replaced with numbness; the almost rhythmic crunching of the toads becoming an all too familiar sound. As I left the farm, I took with me an unending sadness that still haunts me to this day. Bloody toads.

Shillz mate that is beautiful. 

If you don't write already you really should. 

Shillz mate that is beautiful. 

If you don't write already you really should. 

:D

As you know, I like to dedicate most of my literary resources to the oft-underappreciated world of Off-topic.

Try booking something like 14 flights in one go as I do on my trips , you have to sorta line them all up and almost do a dummy run and check and triple check that everything lines up ... And allow a bit of breathing space with connecting flights as missing one could leave you stranded

Worse one to plan was Samoa as back them you crossed the date line on the way back to Oz so lost a whole day which nearly caught me out for booking my return flight home to the Uk

Touch wood I've not missed a flight yet ... Few narrow escapes and planes that they moved the flight times after I've booked them all bit so far so good

No I won't try! I got anxious just reading all that.

On the subject of killing things unnecessarily:

I once had to drop a friend off at a farm during a period of some heavy rain. About halfway down the track I ran into a number of toads who had inexplicably formed a road block infront of me, i'm not sure what their cause was but they were certainly dedicated to it. I took some considerable time painstakingly moving them out of the way, getting very wet in the process. However, as the track went on, their resistance grew exponentially in terms of numbers. I took the merciless decision to plough on in my car regardless, hundreds of them succumbing to a horrible and undignified death at the hands of my car's tyres. It was a crushing experience and not one that I enjoyed, despite it's comic & anecdotal value. Upon reaching my destination I had a quick assessment of the damage before returning to the safety of my car; all 4 tyres were caked in a sticky, bloody toad-like mess. There were even identifiable toad parts still clinging to the rubbery walls of my car's tyres. On my way back down the track I gazed on in horror as I realised the true extent of my toad-pogrom, or toadmageddon as my friend aptly suggested. Several hundred or more carcasses lay in the wake of my car's relentless tracks, tended by those who had been left to mourn the deceased. I took care to re-trace my steps, but this only served to inflict a final blow to those who had lost loved ones only minutes earlier. By the time I had come to the end of the track my guilt had been replaced with numbness; the almost rhythmic crunching of the toads becoming an all too familiar sound. As I left the farm, I took with me an unending sadness that still haunts me to this day. Bloody toads.

You're a monster! And yet ... I can't see how else you could've done it. Was it a largely unused road? Were you the first of many cars to come across the toads or were you the only one, owing to the fact the locals know it's 'toad week' :) Monster.

No I won't try! I got anxious just reading all that.

:)

you could always try

Departing Auckland 17:15 on the 26th Aug

Arriving in Samoa  22:05 on the 25th Aug

and then flying Samoa to American Samoa at 10:30 am on the 26th

it was a somewhat strange day or is was it   couple of days  :unsure:

Edited by tonyh29

You're a monster! And yet ... I can't see how else you could've done it. Was it a largely unused road? Were you the first of many cars to come across the toads or were you the only one, owing to the fact the locals know it's 'toad week' :) Monster.

It was a private lane which was only ever used by a few people visiting the farm. I think I may well have been the first person to drive down the lane after the rain had started, there were no signs of any other toad killings. Unfortunately the lane was flanked with a brook on either side, so it was something of a toad mecca.

Â