General Chat

Stevo985

I am going to Villa Park in february!!! So awesome! First time, long overdue is an understatement! Just felt I had to share the news because that is gonna be a day that will stay with me forever!  :D  :flag:

Watch out for the spiders...

....and the cyclists.

When I was five years old, I used to watch this series and I think it had a positive influence on my opinion of spiders.

This is probably the best episode to use as an example and could very well be Ginko's theme tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qith9aJF3HQ

The video features some cycling too so I'm being very on-topic here in the thread where doing so is a necessity.

• Like 2

Is that spider in the bath?

It is indeed :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9AsH5i5nJ8

Thinking about it, the series could be used as a helping guide on how to overcome any dislike or phobia of spiders as...massive spoilers about story arc of specific series...

He starts off hating spiders but once he gets to know the spider and what the spider is all about, ends up respecting the spider as a fantastic individual

Edited by 8pints

I am going to Villa Park in february!!! So awesome! First time, long overdue is an understatement! Just felt I had to share the news because that is gonna be a day that will stay with me forever!  :D  :flag:

Let's hope it stays with you for the right reasons.  I assume it's the West Ham game you will be at?  Hopefully we tonk them for you.  UTV!

Yes, I feel that is one we should take. 

On the subject of killing things unnecessarily:

I once had to drop a friend off at a farm during a period of some heavy rain. About halfway down the track I ran into a number of toads who had inexplicably formed a road block infront of me, i'm not sure what their cause was but they were certainly dedicated to it. I took some considerable time painstakingly moving them out of the way, getting very wet in the process. However, as the track went on, their resistance grew exponentially in terms of numbers. I took the merciless decision to plough on in my car regardless, hundreds of them succumbing to a horrible and undignified death at the hands of my car's tyres. It was a crushing experience and not one that I enjoyed, despite it's comic & anecdotal value. Upon reaching my destination I had a quick assessment of the damage before returning to the safety of my car; all 4 tyres were caked in a sticky, bloody toad-like mess. There were even identifiable toad parts still clinging to the rubbery walls of my car's tyres. On my way back down the track I gazed on in horror as I realised the true extent of my toad-pogrom, or toadmageddon as my friend aptly suggested. Several hundred or more carcasses lay in the wake of my car's relentless tracks, tended by those who had been left to mourn the deceased. I took care to re-trace my steps, but this only served to inflict a final blow to those who had lost loved ones only minutes earlier. By the time I had come to the end of the track my guilt had been replaced with numbness; the almost rhythmic crunching of the toads becoming an all too familiar sound. As I left the farm, I took with me an unending sadness that still haunts me to this day. Bloody toads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm3hd1pxHME

:D

Edit: Beaten to it <_<

Edited by villaajax
  • Like 1

Â