General Chat

Stevo985

They were called "floaters" when I was growing up in the eighties.  Then somebody decided that floaters was a better word to describe a poo which floats and that was that. 

My son loves the floaty football though. He is barely 18 months old and every time we go down the park he does everything in his power to interrupt other people's game of football by charging onto the pitch and trying to grab the ball :D

Fly always? FLY AWAYS?! What nonsense is this?

Air Floaters people.

I'm with Ingram.

I remember trying to do my best Clarence Seedorf impression by blasting a shot with one of those. As you can expect it went nowhere near the goal, it kind of went straight, curved right up into the air and took a sharp right and flew off somewhere else.

Yep they're floaters. Had never heard them referred to as flyaways until the previous page, although that is a pretty good description. At least it's not as diverse as batch/cob/roll/bun/barm cake.

I do recall some posh kids who used to call them 10p floaters. Pffff...

They were called "floaters" when I was growing up in the eighties.  Then somebody decided that floaters was a better word to describe a poo which floats and that was that. 

My son loves the floaty football though. He is barely 18 months old and every time we go down the park he does everything in his power to interrupt other people's game of football by charging onto the pitch and trying to grab the ball :D

Sounds like a right hooligan.

Sorry to go back to the air football debate but I'm interested to know if there are any regional differences in the generally agreed term for a leather football as a child. We referred to it as a "caser". Any one else?

• Like 1

Is your son a dog?

Sorry to go back to the air football debate but I'm interested to know if there are any regional differences in the generally agreed term for a leather football as a child. We referred to it as a "caser". Any one else?

Yeah we just called those footballs

Yeah we just called those footballs

seconded, it's called a football

We used to call them casers too.

I can also report they were called casers in Nuneaton in the 80s and early 90s.  You got mad respect if you had something like an Adidas Tango. 

• Like 1

Â