General Chat

Stevo985

ah yes, a classic, the yoot of today haven't got a clue

back in my day, late 70's early 80's the wearing of said brothel creeper on a bank holiday weekend would have seen you chased up and down the prom and the beach and kicked around by skinny kids with shaved heads and stripey blazers

Had similar problems during my teens with skate shoes. Clunky old bastards, but comfy as hell - like sofas on your feet. Trouble is they aren't made for a quick getaway from a bunch of chavs in their customary trainers and tracksuits.

Fortunately my (then) flowing locks of curly hair soaked up any damage and a swift elbow to the ribs got me out of a few situations.

Never fancied owning skate shoes since, mind.

• Like 1

To help you visualise the ball it was one of those really light plastic (we used to call them air floaters)  balls in yellow. I cannot find a picture of it on the net.

I might wait for a windy day and boot it as high as I can into the air and see if I can start the game in 2 other neighbours gardens.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

These?

$%28KGrHqF,%21lEE83kdy,%21ZBPnV%21Tr2r%2

We call them fly-aways. Bastard things if you happen to be in nets.

Managed to break a greenhouse window with one back in the day. Nets were just to the right of said greenhouse. I was on the left and attempted a cute outside-of-the-foot curl into the top corner, however I contrived to toe poke it, and it curled agonisingly beyond the far post and straight toward the greenhouse. Didn't think it would smash a window, being a wee lightweight thing and all. Didn't hang around long after it did, either. A swift exit followed and I've denied any involvement since, despite the four eye witnesses.

These?

$%28KGrHqF,%21lEE83kdy,%21ZBPnV%21Tr2r%2

We call them fly-aways. Bastard things if you happen to be in nets.

Managed to break a greenhouse window with one back in the day. Nets were just to the right of said greenhouse. I was on the left and attempted a cute outside-of-the-foot curl into the top corner, however I contrived to toe poke it, and it curled agonisingly beyond the far post and straight toward the greenhouse. Didn't think it would smash a window, being a wee lightweight thing and all. Didn't hang around long after it did, either. A swift exit followed and I've denied any involvement since, despite the four eye witnesses.

Yeah, that's the fella's! As has been said you can easily make them reverse swing.

I don't hink you can make them do anything. You can smack your foot through them, or lift them skilfully with a chip. What happens next is pure random factor based on chaos theory, catholic miracle and global warming.

That picture has given me a flashback to a summer holiday. Me and my brother got bought one each. He took his on the beach, gave it one kick and the wind took it from Newquay to Lundy in one go. We decided it was too risky to use mine. So kept it safe, got it back to the camp site later that day. Went into the neighbouring field, my dad took the first kick, straight into brambles and punctured. Those are my only two memories of a holiday they probably saved up for 6 months to take us on.

Getting a smack in the thighs from near point blank range with one of them balls on a freezing cold morning, used to sting to ****.

I used to love playing in goals when someone had a flyaway cuz sometimes they would come at you really slow allowing for a spectacular acrobatic save...if it doesn't swerve away from you at the last second

Â