General Chat

Stevo985

I've grown up with this website. It's been a part of my life for so long now I wouldn't know what to do without it.

I think back to all the debates I've witnessed and won and lost over the past what, 9 years now. The laughs and the controversy. The little cliques that have formed and disbanded as people come and go. The members we've lost through the mercilessness of the red card that cared not for status or sobriety, those that we have lost in real life too, may they rest in peace. I think of how close I've flown to the sun myself, both forum wise and out there. I wonder if I'd be missed in the same way. In fact I know I am, because every time I slip away for a few months there's always somebody happy to see me on my return, even if it's just a "where the **** have you been". That's heart warming, genuinely.

It never even crossed my mind, the first time I heard the screech of my 28.8k dial up modem, that the internet would ever be as big a part of my life as it has become. I certainly never thought I would find somewhere like this, somewhere I can honestly say is a home from home. No matter where I am in the world, no matter how I am in my head (which believe me can be a **** at times, I apologise) or how physically well I am, I always know that VT is just one click away....

I can't thank those who've made this place what it is over the years enough. They know who they are. I salute you....

David.

Dave,

Would you say VT sometimes makes you feel, I dunno, let's say....a little bit 'Golden'?

• Like 3

Me thinx Ingram needs to look up the meaning of nonce. FWIW I thought the same as him up until recently.

I know what nonce means, I'd imagine Ian Watkins is a massive fan of babycham.

It's one of those generic insults now though that's transcended its original meaning. Like 'mong'. I don't call down syndromes mongs, I call them downy's. Where as my little brother, he's a **** mongy nonce.

• Like 1

Don't understand this revulsion at horsemeat. Cow = big quadruped; horse = big quadruped.

It's all meat.

Yeah. Given the shite that is often put into burgers, horsemeat would seem like a step up ....

To be fair, i think the revulsion is over the fact that if Tesco doesn't know that there's horsemeat in the burgers, what else could be in there without them realising?

This.....

especially when they are ok with the fact they are already using lips and arseholes .......

Some of the burgers were 30% horse. There are only 2 dedicated horse abbatoirs in Ireland. The question is how in the hell did that much horse meat get into burgers being processed nowhere near where horses were being killed.

If you buy an 'everyday burger' then you're pretty much buying a lucky dip.

When you see shrimps for sale, imported from Thailand, then you know something is amiss.

a bloke in the office was telling me he saw a documentary about thai shrimp farms where they poked the eyes out of the female shrimps so that they wouldnt be as fussy about which males they mated with!

pointless trivia of the day

When you see shrimps for sale, imported from Thailand, then you know something is amiss.

Support yer local markets chaps and balls to the big boys.

I support my local asian supermarket by buying their big bag of about 40 Thai large prawns for €9. I reckon I'd get maybe nine local prawns for that price. And I like prawns.

In In-ja we bought tiger prawns from our house boat. They were the size of a baby's arm. And delish

Â