General Chat

Stevo985

In fairness, fresh fish is bang on the money.

Mackerel is possibly my favourite thing in the world to eat, but only if I've gone and caught it that day. The stuff you buy in the supermarkets is incomparable and enough to put anyone off.

When you see shrimps for sale, imported from Thailand, then you know something is amiss.

Support yer local markets chaps and balls to the big boys.

Did you know that we export shrimps from the UK to the far east, where they freeze/repackage them and sell them back to us?

Did you know that we export shrimps from the UK to the far east, where they freeze/repackage them and sell them back to us?

Niiiiiice.

I always find it a bit of a crime that we ship nearly all of our Langoustines off to the continent, then pay £25/kg for frozen crap that's traveled more than Tony has in it's short life.

• Like 1

a bloke in the office was telling me he saw a documentary about thai shrimp farms where they poked the eyes out of the female shrimps so that they wouldnt be as fussy about which males they mated with!

pointless trivia of the day

I saw that documentary and the reason they pull an eye out is because it speeds up the female shrimps ovulation.

Â