General Chat

Stevo985

Woot, power still on!

There's stuff flying all around my neighborhood, downed trees and limbs, car alarms blaring, and sirens wailing in the distance, and the worst is yet to come...

I have to say though, it's **** beautiful

So, is it that bad?

When all is said and done, it will have been very destructive. At least 80 dead in the U.S., over 110 houses in one neighborhood destroyed by fire, massive flooding that will continue, significant loss of power and property. I think some people are breathing a sigh of relief though, especially up where I am in Massachusetts.

To anyone looking for an unforgettable experience, walk down a beach while there's a nor'easter or hurricane coming in.

Yeah my dad decided it would be a great experience for my brother and me to experience a proper storm out on a headland where we live. He let go of my brothers hand (bro being about 8 or 9 at the time) and my brother took off towards the sea like a paper bag! We got him back but I'm sure my old man went grey over night after that and were sworn to secrecy for years.

A couple of years ago during our 'big freeze' I walked along a frozen beach. Great slabs of frozen salty sand. That was quite impressive.

• Like 1

Reminds me of

When all is said and done, it will have been very destructive. At least 33 dead in the U.S. as of yesterday, over 80 houses in one neighborhood destroyed by fire, massive flooding that will continue, significant loss of power and property. I think some people are breathing a sigh of relief though, especially up where I am in Massachusetts.

Reminds me of when you used to play SimCity as a kid with all disasters switched on. Just waiting for Godzilla to come along at any moment.

• Like 1

Reminds me of

Reminds me of when you used to play SimCity as a kid with all disasters switched on. Just waiting for Godzilla to come along at any moment.

Always seemed to get a nuclear meltdown whenever the till was empty and my town was in recession :bang:

Â