General Chat

Stevo985

You see, for me, it's very important to look good, so it's anyhting but wasted money. It's money well spent, even though I do feel a bit guilty when spending decent money on clothes.

Whereas spending money on books (I don't), gadget's (also a no no), musical instruments (no), for me, would be a HUGE waste.

CDs/Music - yes, and Beers/booze - yes. I'll spend on those.

But spending on clothing comes high up the priority list.

I also these days have to spend money on our daughter, which means spending on all of the above has to be cut back anyway ....

Oh, I understand all the above. People just have different priorities and likes.

But I'd quite like to see a poll on it, because I'd rather assumed that your view was the norm, and mine an eccentric quirk. Some of the posts in this thread would suggest otherwise, which slightly surprised me.

I wouldn't rule out that this is one of those topics where lads will tell you they don't care grunt grunt roar etc so as to appear nonchalant whereas in reality they're very particular shoppers. So they're secretly vain. I have my suspicions.

No cover up here, I am obsessively particular when it comes to clothes.

How something fits tends to sit right at the top of my list of priorities.

No what I mean is the cover-up is those claiming they never shop or spend 5 seconds doing so :)

In Turkey clothes shopping is great (I myself hate the past time) but it seems everyone's on your wavelength. For example there is a shop called Mavi Jeans (like a Burton menswear). You walk in, ask for jeans, they then look for your size and hand them to you. Whilst they search for you they give you a glass of tea. You try them on then, if they are too long they pin the jeans up and tell you to come back in an hour where they've tailored them for your leg size. Shopping process takes less than 10 mins. In the hour wait, i'll take my book to Starbucks and relax.

Hearing that he might not actually do time. If he does go to prison that'll be one hell of a leaving party.

Yep, disappointing.

I gather there are two levels of appeal before the verdict becomes final by which time the prosecution may be out of time because of their statute of limitations. And he's too old for gaol, apparently.

Edited.

Ive discovered the joy of charity shops as a source of clothes/ gifts. So cheap and simple and all in one store! Will go to other stores as and when they're closing and have 90% off sales! :P

Got many a deal in a charity shop. I remember buying my 1990 Germany away top in a BHF on Kings Heath high street a few moons ago.

Yep, disappointing.

I gather there are two levels of appeal before the verdict becomes final by which time the prosecution may be out of time because of their statute of limitations. And he's too old for gaol, apparently.

Edited.

Too old for prison? Wtf?

Have always struck me as an unscrupulous guy, how did he get elected thrice?

It's important to me to feel as if I look respectable, so I do quite 'like' clothes in that respect. But I find buying them a minefield, if I don't get good value for money I feel guilty about spending too much money, but my budget for clothing isn't huge.

Too old for prison? Wtf?

It seems that unless over 70s are deemed a particular public menace they don't actually get put away.

Have always struck me as an unscrupulous guy, how did he get elected thrice?

I'm not sure how Mr Blair managed to do it. :D

Â