General Chat

Stevo985

Right with ya CED. Most of my clothes are presents at Christmas and that suits (pardon the pun) me fine. My clothes shopping during the year extends to the occasional T-shirt and maybe an emergency pair of shoes.

I need to go clothes shopping. The very thought brings on overwhelming feelings of dread. What a tedious endeavour it is. I really would rather be naked all the time than spend a few hours in clothes stores with their really loud music and dickhead fashionista store clerks with silly haircuts and names like Chazzers. I hate having to walk around in these places without the slightest idea of what constitutes 'good' clothing. I'm utterly clueless and I really couldn't care less, but unless I find some deviant community out in the country willing to look at my penis without much fuss, social convention dictates that I must have clothes and I must spend time in these beacons of materialism and money on some rags put together by underfed third world babies. Bah.

T'internet is your friend. Yoox is a great place to start for bargains.

I need to go clothes shopping. The very thought brings on overwhelming feelings of dread. What a tedious endeavour it is. I really would rather be naked all the time than spend a few hours in clothes stores with their really loud music and dickhead fashionista store clerks with silly haircuts and names like Chazzers. I hate having to walk around in these places without the slightest idea of what constitutes 'good' clothing. I'm utterly clueless and I really couldn't care less, but unless I find some deviant community out in the country willing to look at my penis without much fuss, social convention dictates that I must have clothes and I must spend time in these beacons of materialism and money on some rags put together by underfed third world babies. Bah.

Surely there must be nudist colonies...

None of my clothes are presents. And if they were then they'd still be picked out by me.

Yeah they do get picked by me and even then it's usually just stuff like jeans where they can't go far wrong. I'm a slave to diesel jeans :)

None of my clothes are presents. And if they were then they'd still be picked out by me.

Indeed Mr Stephenson.

Clothes shopping is one of the most important activities a man undertakes. If I had shedloads of money I'd do a lot more of it, but I have to be quite circumspect in amounts spent. But I do love a good clothes shop. I'll often combine it with a few beverages. When I find some really good items, that look the business and fit well and are quality, I do actually get a buzz/high from it. An endorphin release almost.

For me, it's important to try to have a good idea of (Clothing) style.

I'm not sure if telops are some kind of dinosaur, or a covert spy agency of some kind. Either way, bicks, you clearly have one cool **** job.

Telops = telephone operators :mrgreen: aka lowlife scum that talk to humans on a second by second basis ;-) I on the other hand only talk to problem humans, which includes most of the telops :mrgreen:

Indeed Mr Stephenson.

Clothes shopping is one of the most important activities a man undertakes. If I had shedloads of money I'd do a lot more of it, but I have to be quite circumspect in amounts spent. But I do love a good clothes shop. I'll often combine it with a few beverages. When I find some really good items, that look the business and fit well and are quality, I do actually get a buzz/high from it. An endorphin release almost.

I agree with your first couple of sentences.

I think it's important and I wish I had mor emoney to do more of it.

I don't enjoy it though. I, like BOF and CED, actually hate it, but probably for different reasons. I just generally hate places where there are lots of people. Supermarkets, shopping centres, busy streets. The majority of people seem to be morons in those situations :D

But it's necessary.

Indeed Mr Stephenson.

Oh bejeezuz, have you had your balls cut off or something? This is a female pastime

Its a lot like Basketball and Netball. Men shouldn't play netball its just wrong, exactly the same with clothes shopping, you don't spend all day fannying about in different shops, you decide what you need before you start, have a plan of action, obtain said clothing items and go to the pub after half an hour.

Basketball, very energetic running up and down the court getting lots of speed and power into the game, netball, fannying about throwing the ball from side to side, only being allowed to move one step before stopping again.

Thats it, from now on Men who enjoy clothes shopping shall be known as netballers :mrgreen:

On that subject, I met a bloke a couple of months ago who genuinely played Netball.

He was a friend of a friend so I think he assumed I knew he played it.

SO when he asked me "What do you think of Men who play netball?" I don't think he was expecting me to be quite so... honest.

SO when he asked me "What do you think of Men who play netball?" I don't think he was expecting me to be quite so... honest.

It's an odd question only asked by someone who probably already suspects the answer. So he probably had it coming.

you decide what you need before you start, have a plan of action, obtain said clothing items and go to the pub after half an hour.

This is exactly my approach. I always know what I'm going for, I find the items, buy the items and i'm out. The idea of 'browsing' for clothes makes me shudder.

This is exactly my approach. I always know what I'm going for, I find the items, buy the items and i'm out. The idea of 'browsing' for clothes makes me shudder.

This and this. In and out quickly........

I just generally hate places where there are lots of people. Supermarkets, shopping centres, busy streets. The majority of people seem to be morons in those situations :D

Ditto. Clothes shopping in that scenario can be quite stressful. I hate busy places, people dithering, liotering, getting in the way etc etc.

Hence why I combine a good clothes shop with some beers (usually before and during). I'll also try and do the clothes shop somewhere decent. York being one such place. Know your clothing shops/plan of attack first, get some decent clobber, and get out, and back to the pub to the enjoy the endorphin rush.

Maybe sounds a bit female, but I don't do the whole window shopping business, or dallying. It's still quite a military style operation, and maybe only once/twice a year. Hence York.

I approach clothes shopping as if I'd entered one of those rooms in Knightmare where you had to grab the scroll/magnifying glass/bread and get out before your life-force faded.

If I did that approach and randomly heard the Goblin horn blare in a shop I'd soil my pants

What if you see things, having planned what you're looking for, that are better than your original thoughts? It's not browsing, just opportunism.

And I tend to do the beer thing before and during, to lower said stress levels before the operstion commences. If merrily boozed, the whole stress of crowds/shopping is massively reduced .... and IMo little beats finding some superb items of clothing that were perhaps not 'on the list'.

It helps for me that my natural fashon sense is **** appalling.

I know what looks good, but if I just go to a shop to buy clothes for myself on a whim, I never know what to get.

I have to research what I'm going to buy before hand. Like, I know I want a pair of these chinos in a certain colour, so I'll go to shops A, B and C to see if they have them.

If I just went in looking for a pair of trousers in general, I'd end up coming out with some denim shorts or something :huh:

Â