General Chat

Stevo985

not quite sure how this didnt make the piss me off thread

me and the better half just started discussing christmas dinner (piss me off part 1, its september FFS)

in an ideal world id go to her moms because she cooks a quite amazing almost banquet esque style feat for 16 people that 6 some how manage to devour , not only every year introducing at leat 2 veg that i didnt even know existed but managing to put half a kilo of said veg on my plate

however this year my mom has come down from scotland for christmas stomping her feet, she wants to do christmas dinner, but a lack of a house down here means pub lunching it (piss me off part 2, christmas dinner at a pub chills me to the bones)

anyone else pub it? especially in kidderminster / worcestershire where do you go? my mom will be happy going to one of these shite 241 places "as long as we're all together" i cant have that

Blasphomy, blasphemy I tells ye

Xmas will never be spent anywhere except for at me mom n dads until I have a family of my own and a wench to cook me a fat **** off dinner

The blasphemy part came from your lack of Sunday dinners, that's just bad form

Old chap, I surely would strangle myself to death if that was me

I pity you chaps. Here I am, with a few slices of toasted Veda with a bit of cheese on top, and it hit me that you chaps have likely never tasted this wonderful food.

I pity the free staters more, though. For they have likely tasted it and have to do without unless they do a daring cross-boarder raid.

i'vr got no choice, mom coming down from scotland and neither me or my brother have a house / kitchen big enough to feed 7 people

like i said im not a fan of it but that only makes it worse, i have at least put my foot down and told my mom absolutely no chance of me going to a carvery

Moving back to the UK today to look after my dad after spending 10 years in Ireland. Bringing 4 of me cats & 2 goldfish. Already purchased me season ticket . My life is going to be so different from now on but I have to do what is right by my dad .

Very admirable, every cloud and all that, you'll at least get to see more of the greatest football team in the world now! :D

I'm getting a new bookcase/DVD storage thing for my lounge soon and I'm irrationally looking forward to reorganising my collection. Think I'm going for alphabetical, by type.

Just wondering, and applicable to all not just stevo; do you/would you put films beginning with numbers (ie. 12 Monkeys, 13 Assassins, 300, etc) at the beginning or end of the alphabet?

OR would you put them in alphabetically based on the first letter of the number? This is probably the option for crazy people.

A very srs issu. Personally I opt for putting them at the end of the alphabet.

The DVD organisation thing is a serious business. My collection (300 or so, and growing) is a mess - unlike my 1500+ CDs which are ruthlessly organised:

Pop (covers rock, soul, folk, country, etc.) is alphabetical by artist, then chronological release date. As a Crazy Person, bands beginning with numbers go alphabetical too.

Jazz is separate, but using the same system.

Classical is alphabetical by composer, then composition date, then release date (in the case of multiple versions).

But the DVDs are - roughly - by genre, then by the order I last watched them. I think I should sort them chronologically, really (but documentaries kept separate from feature films and TV series).

Â