General Chat

Stevo985

The DVD organisation thing is a serious business. My collection (300 or so, and growing) is a mess - unlike my 1500+ CDs which are ruthlessly organised:

Pop (covers rock, soul, folk, country, etc.) is alphabetical by artist, then chronological release date. As a Crazy Person, bands beginning with numbers go alphabetical too.

Jazz is separate, but using the same system.

Classical is alphabetical by composer, then composition date, then release date (in the case of multiple versions).

But the DVDs are - roughly - by genre, then by the order I last watched them. I think I should sort them chronologically, really (but documentaries kept separate from feature films and TV series).

I only have one shelf's worth of film DVDs so they might as well stay in alphabetical order but I have (almost) three shelves' worth of TV DVDs (minus a small section of wrestling). One of my problems is trying to arrange it without splitting groups of DVDs, for example, I have one shelf with some space but the shelf below is packed tight, but I'd have to split my Red Dwarf collection to move some onto the above shelf. I have saved some more space on the top TV shelf for the imminant arrival of season 4 and 5 of Cheers.

Then there's all my Wrestling / Football / Rugby DVDs to sort... life can be so difficult! :|

Use the directors most productive period or the date of the first film in the set, is what i'd do.

Say if it were Godard, it would be the 60s, and I'd use the set as a sort of bridge between 60s/70s films in the collection, or I'd use Breathless as the starting point and whack it in at the end of the 50s.

Probably the former, it seems neater.

g08LW.jpg

Brasil 2014 mascot revealed.

After London 2012's madness, people who hate mascots which arent anthropomorphised animals in a sports kit can breathe easily because yes, its an anthropomorphised animal in a sports kit.

Use the directors most productive period or the date of the first film in the set, is what i'd do.

Say if it were Godard, it would be the 60s, and I'd use the set as a sort of bridge between 60s/70s films in the collection, or I'd use Breathless as the starting point and whack it in at the end of the 50s.

Probably the former, it seems neater.

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Anyone heard from Ad? Hope your okay bud.

Me too, I sent him a pm shortly after the news and he responded but have not seen him on the board since :-(. Hope he's ok.

Tbh I wouldn't have expected to see him on here as I'd imagine he is fully focused on getting better but was just wondering if anyone had heard from him at all.

I've had a private message from Ashley Westwood on twitter, saying 'lol your famous now' with a link to a twitter video.

But then my phone says that I can't access the video because I don't have the right flashplayer.

I don't know if it's a random message that he has spammed to the world, or whether he has ACTUALLY sent me a private message.

Hmmmmmm

:lol:

More than likely..

I just got on my works' computer, but they don't have flash either apparantly! Never mind! I thought it might have had something to do with a video of my band that I tweeted a few days ago :(

Â