General Chat

Stevo985

Off to meet the old man for a few drinks in belbroughton in a bit then im going to watch the twin peaks boxset i got yesterday while eating copious amounts of stollen and drinking eggnog.

Uuuerrggghhh... Think I've had the worst day of my life today. Woke up at 4am with the Norovirus, only just finished puking. Has anyone had it before? I had severe dehydration, everytime i closed my eyes it sounded like there was 5 people shouting at me talking jibberish. Never experienced anything like it before, and I hope never too again.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I've been feeling like death since Christmas Eve. That night I genuinely had fever dreams, which was crazy, and since then I've basically grabbed the odd hour of sleep here and there, barely eaten anything and have used up a small forests worth of tissues. I've actually been able to feel it move around affecting different bits of me. Its hit my stomach today which hasn't been pleasant, and that's been backed up by the ever present sneezing, coughing, and runny nose.

I had to take today off sick, which isn't great as none of my superiors are in and thus I've not been able to notify work, beyond leaving a message... Might have to do the same tomorrow unless the night rapidly heals me.

Bacon,Sausage,Eggs,Beans,Mushrooms.

Winner.

Out of interest , Is there a more pointless food than mushrooms ? Maybe tofu could run it close but I reckon mushrooms just edge it

Edited by tonyh29

I just realised there was no Top Gear Christmas special for 2012. I know the India one from 2011 was a shower of shite, but I guess reaction to it was so bad that nobody at the BBC cared enough to make sure a special happened this week. New series in February seems to have a half assed effort, but even that looks like it is going to be a shorter series.

Top Gear is still profitable, surely? Apparently about 500 million people watch every episode globally and while quite a lot of those will be people who download the show, even that promotes BBC brand awareness around the world. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people in places like the USA, Canada and Australia who think every British show is made by the BBC. (exhibit A would be Downton Abbey)

Uuuerrggghhh... Think I've had the worst day of my life today. Woke up at 4am with the Norovirus, only just finished puking. Has anyone had it before? I had severe dehydration, everytime i closed my eyes it sounded like there was 5 people shouting at me talking jibberish. Never experienced anything like it before, and I hope never too again.

Edit

Edited by Jimzk5

I had it for 3 days at the end of November, the first day was by far the worst, going to sleep for what felt like 6 hours was actually just 10 minutes, fever dreams, the constant feeling of being sick. Truly horrible.

I just realised there was no Top Gear Christmas special for 2012. I know the India one from 2011 was a shower of shite, but I guess reaction to it was so bad that nobody at the BBC cared enough to make sure a special happened this week. New series in February seems to have a half assed effort, but even that looks like it is going to be a shorter series.

Top Gear is still profitable, surely? Apparently about 500 million people watch every episode globally and while quite a lot of those will be people who download the show, even that promotes BBC brand awareness around the world. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people in places like the USA, Canada and Australia who think every British show is made by the BBC. (exhibit A would be Downton Abbey)

I thought I heard May say on the radio the other month there was a special this year but not until early 2013 due to scheduling issues

He said they were going back to a country they had previously visited

I saw Clarkson at the airport on Boxing Day flying off with his kids somewhere , was tempted to shout something to him but decided not to in the end :-)

Edit : just read it will be in Africa and is still being edited

Edited by tonyh29

Â