General Chat

Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

**** slept right through it.  Was there any warning this was going to happen? 

I think it was mentioned as a possibility on local news. I didn’t take it seriously.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

**** slept right through it.  Was there any warning this was going to happen? 

Aurora watch app gave me an alert 

Screenshot_20240511_084205_AuroraWatch UK.jpg

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

Seems like loads of people here in Tamworth had a perfect view too (not me, I forgot and went to bed).

Had some pics from a mate in Seckington and was a perfect view of it. 

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Wow they did pretty well to capture this using a potato

Yup, I didn’t realise the Nokia 3310 could pick out the colours like that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Seems like loads of people here in Tamworth had a perfect view too (not me, I forgot and went to bed).

Tonight predicted too if you can stay awake during that overly happy song thing

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had some pics from a mate in Seckington and was a perfect view of it. 

Ha, my Auntie lives in Seckington. She has a yearly open garden in May. There’s only like 20 people that live in that town 😂

• Like 1

I get the feeling a lot of people down here could only see it via photo. Is that really seeing the northern lights?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I get the feeling a lot of people down here could only see it via photo. Is that really seeing the northern lights?

That's what I thought. 

I've now seen the photos, so I've seen them, too. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

FB_IMG_1715413714734.jpg

I didn't see the Northern Lights because my idiot son had alcohol but unlike an adult puked in the taxi at the bottom of our road, needed fetching back to the house, needed to strip outside the front door as he was covered in puke tha

And didn't fall asleep because he was retching into a bucket for a couple of hours.  Constantly telling us and his girlfriend how sorry he was and apologising for his language as he kept calling himself a word removed that he'd **** up. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s one of those things I feel like I have to see before I die, I’m a bit annoyed I didn’t take the chance to look at it last night and save myself an expensive trip at some point.

I think if you go to Iceland etc looking for them it can be pot luck , but you might get lucky  tonight with them if the conditions are good 

I saw them on a flight back from New York once , so thankfully I don’t have to do a 3am northern lights safari around Iceland 

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I didn't see the Northern Lights because my idiot son had alcohol but unlike an adult puked in the taxi at the bottom of our road, needed fetching back to the house, needed to strip outside the front door as he was covered in puke tha

And didn't fall asleep because he was retching into a bucket for a couple of hours.  Constantly telling us and his girlfriend how sorry he was and apologising for his language as he kept calling himself a word removed that he'd **** up. 

I’ll happily execute him if you want to be disassociated with the punishment

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

You could faintly see it with the naked eye , but the camera bought it out better for social media bragging rights 

I think even those amazing green images you usually see from the Arctic , the actual person taking the photo doesn’t get to see anything quite as impressive 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think if you go to Iceland etc looking for them it can be pot luck 

Yeah I've been to Iceland twice, and northern Finland and Norway, never seen so much of a hint of them.

Obviously I slept through it last night. Will be keeping an eye out tonight!

7 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s one of those things I feel like I have to see before I die, I’m a bit annoyed I didn’t take the chance to look at it last night and save myself an expensive trip at some point.

If the skies are clear tonight, look north and you will possibly see although it will may be very faint. Take a photo with a 5 to 10 second exposure and it should show up. 

• Thanks 1

Â