General Chat

Stevo985

Trying to track down a dance tune from the 90s.Song starts with a deep soulful voice with no music in background with I think words something along lines of 'you.......me.....everybody' then words I cant remember. Then bellowing out something like ' world of love....love..' then goes into the tune.A bit vague I know but thats all I can remember.

Trying to track down a dance tune from the 90s.Song starts with a deep soulful voice with no music in background with I think words something along lines of 'you.......me.....everybody' then words I cant remember. Then bellowing out something like ' world of love....love..' then goes into the tune.A bit vague I know but thats all I can remember.

I've only been to the dentist twice in my life.

first time was when i was 21, and the dentist checked my teeth and said they were perfect, and to keep doing whatever i was doing.

second time was 10 years later, and that dentist also said perfect teeth, no issues.

I have tried a couple of different jobs and am currently working in local Government. I have now decided I want to try something different and I like the idea of being a plasterer and eventually self employed. Does anybody know what sort of qualifications, costs and any other information which might help me as I have just had a quick look on the internet but information seems relatively scarce and not sure where the best place to start is. Had a little look at a couple of the closest colleges to me and they don't do any courses for plastering.

Cheers :)

Say hello to chronic shoulder and back injury and pain if you want to be a plasterer, they all end up suffering with it one way or another sooner or later.

You might want to look at doing a more generalised building course and then pick up the plastering side of things as you go along once you've got the other skills in your locker. You're more useful (and thusly more employable) if you can do more than throw plaster on a wall. My sisters partner is a plasterer and rarely (if ever) does a job where he's called in just to do the plastering, he's expected to do other work as well.

I went to the dentist a few months ago. I needed one filling because I had one sensitive tooth. The dentist told me that it cost the same to have one filling as it did to have ten, so he may aswell have a look around.

He then told me that he could see 3 teeth that he could fill. He filled all 3 and now I have 3 sensitive teeth.

I was asked to go back in 6 months but I'm not going to!

The first thing that reminded me of was

Plasterers also suffer from high blood pressure which can lead to heart attacks.

Due to holding your hands over your head with weight.

Its a decent profession, and one we're losing skilled people to do though.

But think long term too.

I just recorded myself sitting here on the computer for the past 3 hours and 34 minutes. The resulting video includes me sipping water, looking at the ceiling and smiling, moving my eyebrows up and down 1000 times, moving my ears. There's a lot going on. I have to stop using the computer so much. I know this

I just recorded myself sitting here on the computer for the past 3 hours and 34 minutes. The resulting video includes me sipping water, looking at the ceiling and smiling, moving my eyebrows up and down 1000 times, moving my ears. There's a lot going on. I have to stop using the computer so much. I know this

Very ghey. Although I do need some new pulling the Pope's cap off material. Link?

sorry but...WTF!?!?! :shock:

I have tried a couple of different jobs and am currently working in local Government. I have now decided I want to try something different and I like the idea of being a plasterer and eventually self employed. Does anybody know what sort of qualifications, costs and any other information which might help me as I have just had a quick look on the internet but information seems relatively scarce and not sure where the best place to start is. Had a little look at a couple of the closest colleges to me and they don't do any courses for plastering.

My OH's, sister's BF is a plasterer but he is built for it. He's a good 6 foot 2 or 3 and very strong which I thing helps him a lot. I think it would be a really difficult job if not. Qualifications wise he doesn't have any, he was trained by his dad from about the age of 10 so has been doing it all his life. Most plasterers you see advertising in the paper have city and guilds qualifications. No idea what that involves.

If I were looking to get a trade I'd go down the plumbing/heating/bathroom fitting/tiling route. The gas side of things can be expensive to get qualified but you can do without touching gas for a while while you build up your experience and funds.

My OH's, sister's BF is a plasterer but he is built for it. He's a good 6 foot 2 or 3 and very strong which I thing helps him a lot. I think it would be a really difficult job if not. Qualifications wise he doesn't have any, he was trained by his dad from about the age of 10 so has been doing it all his life. Most plasterers you see advertising in the paper have city and guilds qualifications. No idea what that involves.

If I were looking to get a trade I'd go down the plumbing/heating/bathroom fitting/tiling route. The gas side of things can be expensive to get qualified but you can do without touching gas for a while while you build up your experience and funds.

One of my mates at the running club did exactly what RMB wants to do - he had an office job, hated it, and retrained as a plasterer, and now makes a good living at it.

FWIW, he's about 5 ft 6ins! If I see him tonight I'll ask him what he would advise.

isnt one of the plastering trades dying off? im going to guess at wet plastering? plastering companies always seem to say they are struggling to find people good at it, i also find that a fair few plastering companies try and do finishes in general, so boarding and ceilings too and a decent portion of it is sub let

I just recorded myself sitting here on the computer for the past 3 hours and 34 minutes.
Very ghey. Although I do need some new pulling the Pope's cap off material. Link?
sorry but...WTF!?!?! :shock:

Rule 34. :thumb:

Â