General Chat

Stevo985

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Have you tried it yet? Not straightforward to get one they'll accept. Wrong background, wrong size, wrong resolution, you name it. I tried every which way before I gave up and used a photobooth. 

this was my brothers experience too

55 minutes ago, choffer said:

You don't even need to go to a booth anymore. I've got to renew mine this week and the guidance online says you can take the photo with your own tablet and upload it direct.

You're talking to the guy who doesn't even own a mobile phone :D

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Renewing the passport so I just visited a photo me booth for the first time in a long time. The fact that it gives me a code to use on my online application that the dotgov site had the photo in question within seconds of it being taken in a post office in Mid Wales is both amazing and terrifying at the same time to me.

1 hour ago, choffer said:

You don't even need to go to a booth anymore. I've got to renew mine this week and the guidance online says you can take the photo with your own tablet and upload it direct.

I did that for my sons first passport  around 19 years ago  , so I don't think its a new thing ... unless it just applied to new borns at that time ?

was a bloody nightmare getting the photo done , the clues were there even at a few months old he was gonna be an awkward bugger :) 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Have you tried it yet? Not straightforward to get one they'll accept. Wrong background, wrong size, wrong resolution, you name it. I tried every which way before I gave up and used a photobooth. 

Good to know. In which case I’ll save myself the bother and get one done in Tesco. 

42 minutes ago, choffer said:

Good to know. In which case I’ll save myself the bother and get one done in Tesco. 

Well it's worth a try, you might be more lucky/competent than me. 

12 hours ago, choffer said:

I have done mine, and all the families at home over the last couple of years without problems. They tell you what is needed on the website. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Just seen this advert, is it 2 cocktails or 4?

IMG-3576.jpg

Would be 2. I assume they are clarifying any two because a lot of places like Las Iguanas you have to have two of the same.

18 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Would be 2. I assume they are clarifying any two because a lot of places like Las Iguanas you have to have two of the same.

That’s why I thought, but then is £6 for a cocktail a special offer? 

That’s just reminded me.. at Christmas, I got given an envelope voucher thingy for the Physician in Edgbaston. The idea is you can only open it when the bill comes and that’s when you find out if you’ve got 25%, 50% or 100% off the food bill for up to 6 people.

I thought it was a cool idea and was looking forward to it, but @lapal_fan and @Rob182 said it was a shit idea and they called me a massive c***.

I’m not sure if that last bit was anything to do with the voucher, they might have just meant generally.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s why I thought, but then is £6 for a cocktail a special offer? 

Post Tory/Brexit/Covid/fossil fuel gouge it is, sadly.

Our local went from £6/7 to £9s

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

That’s just reminded me.. at Christmas, I got given an envelope voucher thingy for the Physician in Edgbaston. The idea is you can only open it when the bill comes and that’s when you find out if you’ve got 25%, 50% or 100% off the food bill for up to 6 people.

I thought it was a cool idea and was looking forward to it, but @lapal_fan and @Rob182 said it was a shit idea and they called me a massive c***.

I’m not sure if that last bit was anything to do with the voucher, they might have just meant generally.

I'd like it if literally anyone else in the world had got it, but not you, you massive word removed.

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

No matter how hard I try, they just never, ever **** right off 

😭

For as long as I have been on VT you three have been mates. You were kids back then though. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

For as long as I have been on VT you three have been mates. You were kids back then though. 

We've been friends since the start of high school, which we finished in 2003, so it is nice I guess!

So what's that, about 25 years?! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I love the fact that @lapal_fan @Rob182 and @Paddywhack are still friends. 

I'd like to go on a piss up with them but I know I'd be the one sitting quietly on the sidelines not being able to keep up with the witty banter that was being fired out. Massive peals of laughter whilst I was just going "Have you... Did you... You know...My mate once". And then I'd finally get a story in that would just be met with silence.  That would be my role. 

sad-lonely.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â