General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This is something I've wondered about for years. Bidets. How far does the water spray? Does it run down your legs and get on your trousers? Is it basically like having a 'below the waist shower'? And that presumably needs drying with a towel? Would you want to be the next user of the towel? 

I've never used one. So many questions. 

I stayed in a hotel in BC in the summer. It had one of those fancy bog seats. Wee jet would clean your hole. Then a warm blast of air to dry it. I spent a longer on the throne than I needed to that weekend. Truly glorious. 

Edited by choffer

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This is something I've wondered about for years. Bidets. How far does the water spray? Does it run down your legs and get on your trousers? Is it basically like having a 'below the waist shower'? And that presumably needs drying with a towel? Would you want to be the next user of the towel? 

I've never used one. So many questions. 

Needs some kind of crack detective to solve the case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Needs some kind of crack detective to solve the case.

The water must disappear into a black hole.

Had one in our hotel in Thailand and it was a big factor in returning to the same hotel again, and I'd love to get one at home.

I'd like to see (well, not literally) how the stand up washers get the settings right though.

• Haha 1

Seems to be lack of detail on the use of the bidet here, so soak the arse, assume the dry and polish is done via toilet tissue, sat down, obviously, and then that it, all done?

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s my wedding anniversary today. As 15th anniversary is Crystal I got a crystal with 15th anniversary stuff on it, plus card with 15th anniversary on it.

The only problem is it’s our 16th anniversary, I thought it was still 2023.

Is there any chance of you live-streaming the gift exchange?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Is there any chance of you live-streaming the gift exchange?

Sadly not.

Tbh the wedding anniversary is almost a non-event here. Being so close to Christmas we don’t tend to do anything special and agree not to buy presents (although I broke that rule, badly, this time).

Usually we just have a meal out as a family or a take away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s my wedding anniversary today. As 15th anniversary is Crystal I got a crystal with 15th anniversary stuff on it, plus card with 15th anniversary on it.

The only problem is it’s our 16th anniversary, I thought it was still 2023.

So what did you do last year? 

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So what did you do last year? 

Just a card, as usual. It’s only this year I looked up what the symbol for 15 was and decided to get something.

Shes fine about it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's bidet 

It cleans the seat 

It has a heated seat

They're amazing 

When's the rest of the poetry book coming out?

• Like 1

Renewing the passport so I just visited a photo me booth for the first time in a long time. The fact that it gives me a code to use on my online application that the dotgov site had the photo in question within seconds of it being taken in a post office in Mid Wales is both amazing and terrifying at the same time to me.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Renewing the passport so I just visited a photo me booth for the first time in a long time. The fact that it gives me a code to use on my online application that the dotgov site had the photo in question within seconds of it being taken in a post office in Mid Wales is both amazing and terrifying at the same time to me.

Yep, similar experience here when I renewed my passport. Then, more recently, I had to renew my driving licence, and get a photo ID one for the first time. Filled in the application online, and it just said 'Shall we use the photo from your passport?' Yeah, go on then. 

Joined-up systems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

You don't even need to go to a booth anymore. I've got to renew mine this week and the guidance online says you can take the photo with your own tablet and upload it direct.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, choffer said:

You don't even need to go to a booth anymore. I've got to renew mine this week and the guidance online says you can take the photo with your own tablet and upload it direct.

Have you tried it yet? Not straightforward to get one they'll accept. Wrong background, wrong size, wrong resolution, you name it. I tried every which way before I gave up and used a photobooth. 

• Thanks 1

Â