General Chat

Stevo985

14 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Well if she didn't inject those poor babes with air or overdose them with insulin etc etc, then who did?

It seems compelling evidence that she was the common link in all of these deaths or attempts to kill and harm, that's why they are looking at potentially others that she has killed

Nobody is saying it wasn’t her

It must have been a pretty shit Edinburgh Fringe Festival

A joke about an unfaithful zookeeper has been named the funniest gag at this year's Edinburgh Festival Fringe.

Comedian Lorna Rose Treen was voted the winner with her pun: "I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah."

Some of the other top 10 are much better

Top 10 jokes of the 2023 Fringe

1. I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah - Lorna Rose Treen 
  2. The most British thing I've ever heard? A lady who said 'Well I'm sorry, but I don't apologise.' - Liz Guterbock 
  3. Last year I had a great joke about inflation. But it's hardly worth it now - Amos Gill 
  4. When women gossip we get called bitchy; but when men do it's called a podcast - Sikisa 
  5. I thought I'd start off with a joke about The Titanic - just to break the ice - Masai Graham
  6. How do coeliac Germans greet each other? Gluten tag - Frank Lavender
  7. My friend got locked in a coffee place overnight. Now he only ever goes into Starbucks, not the rivals. He's Costa-phobic - Roger Swift
  8. I entered the 'How not to surrender' competition and I won hands down - Bennett Arron
  9. Nationwide must have looked pretty silly when they opened their first branch - William Stone 
  10. My grandma describes herself as being in her "twilight years" which I love because they're great films - Daniel Foxx

link

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

link

It's all a nonsense.  There hasn't been a remotely funny one liner since the vacuum cleaner collecting dust.

God only knows who the judge's are  

The award should be abandoned 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

link

Yeah I mean usually the best joke at the fringe is a shit pun. But at least it's a shit pun that makes sense

That just doesn't make sense

• Like 2

For me, the funniest joke was when Anna Piper Scott called me out as looking like Louis CK, googled up a picture of CK and he had the same colour bloody polo shirt on as me, which had the room in tears, then asked if my plan was to lock everyone in the room and wank over them.

But I guess you had to be there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

For me, the funniest joke was when Anna Piper Scott called me out as looking like Louis CK, googled up a picture of CK and he had the same colour bloody polo shirt on as me, which had the room in tears, then asked if my plan was to lock everyone in the room and wank over them.

But I guess you had to be there.

Was it?

18 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

She sounds schizophrenic. In that, there’s a break between personalities. One personality knows what they’ve done and the other can’t even admit it.

She's not schizophrenic. If she is she's hidden it extremely well. 

She seems to have a mix of personality disorders -

Theres a bit of the Munchausen by proxy thing - she wanted to be involved in these cases and the attention it brought.

She seems to have a steak of narcissism - a lot of her correspondence with colleagues and friends is basically disparaging the hospital and staff and how only she's good enough to be working with these babies (she was a top ranking nurse). This extended to being very openly a 'martyr to job' - took every shift, working all the time, woe is me I'm always working because it just won't cope without me stuff.

In turn that leads to some of the hero complex stuff. In multiple cases she is first on hand to try to save the babies; she gets frustrated when she's reassigned in a couple of cases.

That contrasts, though, with evidence of self doubt - the note very clearly suggests she had no belief in her abilities. She's telling everyone who will listen she's super nurse but also seems to have doubts about herself and she was eager to grab praise wherever she could.

She also seems to have revelled in emotions. She is repeatedly invasive with the grieving parents and has to be removed from them as she seems not to recognise these are private moments - strange for neonatal nurses by all accounts. She seems to want to experience the grief vicariously.

It's a mess.

• Like 1

I’ve just read up a bit about Lucy Letby and that case, there’s so many failures it’s horrible for the babies and the families involved. 

She’s evil and that’s just that but also the NHS managers etc all failed the families too. A colleague and I have been discussing this and they have also said, apparently another nurse raised concerns about her previously and they ended up firing the other nurse too? 

Really sad story

17 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I’ve just read up a bit about Lucy Letby and that case, there’s so many failures it’s horrible for the babies and the families involved. 

She’s evil and that’s just that but also the NHS managers etc all failed the families too. A colleague and I have been discussing this and they have also said, apparently another nurse raised concerns about her previously and they ended up firing the other nurse too? 

Really sad story

Other people who raised concerns were forced to apologise to her. It’s so messed up.

• Like 2

It is a big horrible mess indeed.

One thing is for sure though, She is going to get it from the other female prisoner's when she is removed from segregation and reintegrated with the rest. That is when they will get her.

It's being done this way for her own safety for now, but if you ask me, it's just delaying the inevitable really of what will happen to her once they get hold of her.

She's already been placed on 24/7 suicide watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It is a big horrible mess indeed.

One thing is for sure though, She is going to get it from the other female prisoner's when she is removed from segregation and reintegrated with the rest. That is when they will get her.

It's being done this way for her own safety for now, but if you ask me, it's just delaying the inevitable really of what will happen to her once they get hold of her.

She's already been placed on 24/7 suicide watch.

She’s probably going to be costing the tax payer something silly like a million pounds a year.

Â