General Chat

Stevo985

12 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Just wanna say how much you’ve all kept my head above water over the last 2 months. Being made redundant was scary - especially with a baby on the way. But this forum has made me laugh and given me so much to keep me going. This is the best community I’ve been part of (and I say that as a former moderator on the old OS - some 20 years ago!). You are all amazing and you make my bits feel good.

(can somebody add a Kenneth Williams gif?)

Sorry to hear this DK. How you getting on finding another job?

The villatalk community might always not always on agree politics, and all kinds of other shit. But usually when your in a dark place or need help the community here looks out for their own.

Years ago i got in a few heated debates with afew posters, but i was having problem with a parking ticket from asda and the same people i was having heated debates with, were the 1st people to offer me advice to help.

Generally we are a soppy Bunch. Its nothing but love even if ee dont always agree.

• Like 2

This isn’t quite boring enough for the Boring Thread but today I learned two things about Basil (the herb)

So I have herbs growing outside the flat and my Basil plant has suddenly this week started to grow differently, so I looked it up and it was starting to flower. This isn’t good and if it flowers it'll go to seed and most likely not survive so you need to remove the flowering parts. Yep that’s boring. Anyway I removed the flowering bits.

Now Basil smells , well, like Basil but it’s a very sweet distinctive smell. The flowering parts don't smell like that at all. No idea why I gave them a sniff after I removed them but I did. They smell like something else, something else quite distinctive. I asked the missus to have a sniff without mentioning anything. Straight away, she confirmed it.

The flowering buds of the Basil plant smell like…. WEED

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

The flowering buds of the Basil plant smell like…. WEED

Basil's chemical components include Pinene and Myrcene which are also components of marijuana. 

Try drying it out and smoking it, and report back. 

• Thanks 1

On 08/08/2023 at 15:51, tomav84 said:

so we're getting  a new mattress tomorrow. mrs didn't want to pay the £50 to have the old one taken away. reckons we can just fold it up and shove it in the back of my VW golf and take it down the dump. i personally think this is impossible. any thoughts? and ideally tips on how the **** we can squeeze it into my car?

roll it.

we've moved at least 5 mattresses this way

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

After years and years of effort I've finally got my book about having sex with herbs published.

It's about **** thyme

And what exactly makes you a sage?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

After years and years of effort I've finally got my book about having sex with herbs published.

It's about **** thyme

I prefer to do it with Rosemary. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry to hear this DK. How you getting on finding another job?

The villatalk community might always not always on agree politics, and all kinds of other shit. But usually when your in a dark place or need help the community here looks out for their own.

Years ago i got in a few heated debates with afew posters, but i was having problem with a parking ticket from asda and the same people i was having heated debates with, were the 1st people to offer me advice to help.

Generally we are a soppy Bunch. Its nothing but love even if ee dont always agree.

I went self employed 😊 and it’s worked out better than I could have imagined, so I guess sometimes things work out better than we can hope even when we have bad news.

Yeah people on here are amazing. I used to be a dick online when younger, and I sometimes joke around on here but I would do anything for those on this forum. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's about **** thyme

Thank you to those who reacted to this. My first ever full house. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Letby guilty.

Grim stuff.

Nailed on. 

What the hell can they do with her? Put her in a regular women's prison, she'll get shanked. Broadmoor? 

Â