General Chat

Stevo985

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

A guy I worked with said he did Jury duty about a stabbing in Coventry. When the went back go discuss what the verdict would be one lady told him he definitely did it. He asked her why she was so sure, she said after listening to all the evidence it was because he was black. 

I've never done it. But my wife has. It was a case of an older Asian shopkeeper accused of sexual assault by two white teenage girls. Potential hand grenade. 

When all the facts came out, it was a clear stitch-up. They were serial shoplifters that he'd thrown out of the shop, and they'd tried to get him done out of revenge. The jury was unanimous in throwing it out. Justice done. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Hopefully there's an investigation into the senior management at the trust who dismissed repeated concerns over several months and told staff to stop reporting her.

No chance 

These people in my opinion are guilty as her. Arseholes

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No chance 

These people in my opinion are guilty as her. Arseholes

The crumb of comfort I take from it is that it's high profile enough that this is no longer contained within the trust, but I don't know what review processes they have in place for management.

I have absolutely every faith in HSIB, for example, but I'm not sure if this would be within their remit

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The crumb of comfort I take from it is that it's high profile enough that this is no longer contained within the trust, but I don't know what review processes they have in place for management.

I have absolutely every faith in HSIB, for example, but I'm not sure if this would be within their remit

Its such a sad story.  Ita incredible how many babies lost their lives and NOTHING was done.

A dark day for the nhs. That trust needs to be investigated and the management involved who ignored the complaints should be removed/prosecuted 

Unfortunately this is the problem ahen you have managers who have more power than clinicians.  

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Unfortunately this is the problem ahen you have managers who have more power than clinicians.  

Nah, disagree there, several of the involved executives were clinicians.

Ultimately no matter the background of the individuals involved, there's a major problem that the perception of the trust often seems to blind them to things that need to be investigated. Someone has to call the shots, be it a senior clinician or a management careerist, and if they're accountable for and benefit from a good reputation of the trust, there's a conflict of interest there.

Personally I think a lower bar to investigations and complaints being routed externally would be a start.

• Like 1

When notorious cases like this happen, or cases which gather less publicity, I often think about how the family of the guilty are thinking and feeling right now.

Basically what’s life like tomorrow morning. Just how upside down is the world now.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

When notorious cases like this happen, or cases which gather less publicity, I often think about how the family of the guilty are thinking and feeling right now.

Basically what’s life like tomorrow morning. Just how upside down is the world now.

Her parents were in court, still thinking she's innocent. I guess it's that or start looking back at every moment and judging if you're in some way responsible

• Like 1

Another horrendous crime is the murder of 10yo Sara Sharif, last week, in Woking. Looks like she was beaten to death and her family has fled to Pakistan. Her Dad, Stepmom and Uncle are wanted. Seems like they called 999 once they got to Pakistan. 

What a heartbreaking situation :(

Edited by Xela
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its such a sad story.  Ita incredible how many babies lost their lives and NOTHING was done.

A dark day for the nhs. That trust needs to be investigated and the management involved who ignored the complaints should be removed/prosecuted 

I agree, removed and prosecuted. Such serious concerns/accusations were raised to several senior members of the management who then apparently did nothing to investigate for about a year! I was reading that one of them eventually said they'd request some external investigation but then didn't follow up on that.

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Another horrendous crime is the murder of 10yo Sara Sharif, last week, in Woking. Looks like she was beaten to death and her family has fled to Pakistan. Her Dad, Stepmom and Uncle are wanted. Seems like they called 999 once they got to Pakistan. 

What a heartbreaking situation :(

Horrific. So sad.

From my hometown, Woking, I was shocked when I saw that near the top of the BBC homepage a few days ago. Her house is in a little crescent only about 100m away from the house where my best mate used to live and where I lived for a few uni holidays, on the adjacent road. So that was even more of a shock when I saw that on Google Maps.

Edited by robby b

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Nah, disagree there, several of the involved executives were clinicians.

Ultimately no matter the background of the individuals involved, there's a major problem that the perception of the trust often seems to blind them to things that need to be investigated. Someone has to call the shots, be it a senior clinician or a management careerist, and if they're accountable for and benefit from a good reputation of the trust, there's a conflict of interest there.

Personally I think a lower bar to investigations and complaints being routed externally would be a start.

Agree, this is a problem with any type of institution. Their number one priority is the protection of the institution itself and the leadership of the institution in particular.

Doctors are no less guilty of this kind of behaviour in other settings.

The only way to stop it is independent checks and balances.

It’s clear that as soon as the police, who had no skin in the game, got involved, that all of that fell away.

Whistleblowing in the NHS has always been a dangerous game. It is discouraged and punished for obvious reasons.

In this case, though, you have to think the senior management genuinely thought the doctors were wrong, rather than trying to actively cover up a murder… and then confirmation bias set in as every complaint from the doctors reinforced their perceptions of hysteria / witch hunt / bullying.

If they really did suspect there might be a case, and still swept it under the carpet, then yes they are surely guilty of a serious crime.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

We've just been to a kid's birthday, which in our social circle is usually a chance to catch up on the latest of how our local NHS trust is **** each of us over.

One of the other families was in court a few weeks ago. Their baby died in a completely avoidable way, and then afterwards the trust accidentally sent them graphic photos of the autopsy of their dead child, and can't really explain why.

The trust's legal team has been trawling through the mother's social media, found a photo of them visiting extended family abroad a few months later, and actually said to them in court that "they can't have been that upset if they were off jetsetting". They killed their kid then instead of fessing up, bring in extremely expensive criminal defense barristers to smear them.

I mean taking away how utterly despicable that is, what a **** daft smear anyway. 

So easy to bat away, needing recuperation away from everyday life. Seeking solace in family. 

What's the point of even trying that shit on? 

Travel is actually a recommended way to help cope with grief. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

You can only really hope that that sort of weird nasty uncaring shit goes against the trust and its spelled out to them in no uncertain way that their torture of people has cost them even more money and reputational damage than just the series of medical errors they are responsible for. Awful.

I am in the Bro-in-Laws in Southport, he’s got a new Barbeque in his new house, it’s f***ing space age. It’s got an app and temperature probes. It cost him £1500, he’s been smoking this piece of brisket in it since 2am. I’m sat next to it and I’m getting all the smells all of them, I’m now ready to eat a whole cow

A grand and a half for a barbeque!

I didn’t bump into @Seat68 who is also in Southport but I suspect he’s timed his visit to coincide with the Flower Show and is busy eying up the prize pansies

Southport remains an utter shithole of a town centre but anyway

A grand and a half for a barbeque! Can’t wait until he gets bored of it and offers it to us

IMG_1623.jpeg

• Like 2

Â