General Chat

Stevo985

Broadmoor is a psychiatric hospital, unless there's something we're not aware of she's not going there. She'll have to go in a women's prison and probably be in solitary for a lot of it. She's going to get shanked eventually regardless.

The motivation is going to keep people in work for a while. Theres at least 5 just from the little we know -

Classic angel of death.

Attention seeking.

Attention seeking of alleged lover.

Resentment/boredom of role.

Self doubt directed into self destruction by proxy.

All of which seem to have some modicum of truth to them but none of which completely fit, and no doubt there's more.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Hopefully there's an investigation into the senior management at the trust who dismissed repeated concerns over several months and told staff to stop reporting her.

They actually made them apologise to her formally at one point.

Which in hindsight is... a mistake.

• Like 1

I've never really given it much thought before, but it must be absolutely horrendous being dragged into jury duty for something like this.

I'd be quite interested in doing a quick stint as a juror, but for one of these huge cases that go on for months, you're significantly out of pocket, and a case that goes on for 10 months could be a significant career setback, on top of being potentially pretty traumatising (and the government's advice for jurors who've heard extremely distressing testimony is "book a GP appointment"). And that's just for a typical employee, what if you're self employed? **** you, your business is going under, basically.

Politicians don't give a shit because it affects so few people it's not a vote winner, but the way we treat jurors is **** horrendous. Jurors should be paid their full wages. If we can't afford that, we can't afford to conduct trial by jury.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Broadmoor is a psychiatric hospital, unless there's something we're not aware of she's not going there

For my money, anybody who does what she did is psychotic. 

But... similar case: Beverley Allitt. 

Allitt reportedly admitted to all 13 of her crimes in a failed application to remain at Rampton Secure Hospital and permanently avoid prison. None of the families of Allitt's victims had been told of her full confession in the failed application.

On 6 December 2007, Justice Stanley Burnton, sitting in the High Court of Justice, London, confirmed that Allitt must serve the original minimum sentence of thirty years. It was reported that some families of Allitt's victims had previously mistakenly believed that her minimum tariff had been set at forty years. Her minimum tariff expired in November 2021 and she is now eligible for release on parole.

Wiki

Edited by mjmooney

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yeah people on here are amazing. I used to be a dick online when younger, and I sometimes joke around on here but I would do anything for those on this forum. 

Could you give me a grand please?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Nailed on. 

What the hell can they do with her? Put her in a regular women's prison, she'll get shanked. Broadmoor? 

Putting her in a regular women's prison seems like a good outcome then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

For my money, anybody who does what she did is psychotic. 

I get it, but it's clear she's not psychotic - she may have a personality disorder based on some of the things mentioned by people who know her but thats not psychotic either.

What is true is professionals are going to have a field day trying to work out what lead to her actions.

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've never really given it much thought before, but it must be absolutely horrendous being dragged into jury duty for something like this.

I friend of mine had a pretty grizzly murder and found it very traumatic.

The key line from there, is one that'll have been heard by people with concerns in hospitals up and down the country when raising concerns: "it would be really bad for the reputation of the trust".

I've seen repeated cover ups of serious incidents at another NHS trust, and there's nobody as blind as a senior manager trying not to see a serious incident which would bring further scrutiny to the trust. Reviews of complaints often start from a position of "so this is clearly bullshit that we need to refute" and go from there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Quote-when-you-go-into-court-you-are-put

• Haha 1

A guy I worked with said he did Jury duty about a stabbing in Coventry. When the went back go discuss what the verdict would be one lady told him he definitely did it. He asked her why she was so sure, she said after listening to all the evidence it was because he was black. 

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

A guy I worked with said he did Jury duty about a stabbing in Coventry. When the went back go discuss what the verdict would be one lady told him he definitely did it. He asked her why she was so sure, she said after listening to all the evidence it was because he was black. 

Reminds me of this;

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Could you give me a grand please?

Sure thing, if you can give me the full number across the middle of your bank card, the expiry date of the card and the CVC number on the back, and I’ll transfer £1,000. 

• Haha 3

Â