General Chat

Stevo985

5 hours ago, choffer said:

I have a ground floor apartment which opens out on to the lawn at the back. You'd think it a good half-way house but trying to have an afternoon nap yesterday with a bunch of people having a bbq outside my living room window meant I had to have all the windows shut and that wasn't enough to drown out the screams and shouts of their kids who were running round like little bandits. I was proper p'd off.

Nightmare. At my place there is zero communal gardens.. just a car park, so no chance of being disturbed like that but at the same time there is nowhere to sit out. 

Saying that my parents who have a lovely back garden have to endure their neighbours kids who think its a good idea to scream as loud as they can all day when they are outside., Basically means they can't sit outside when its nice as the neighbours kids ruin it. 

3 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I'd also add public transport, cafes, art galleries and beaches.

And "my house". If you need to stop by for something, that's fine. But don't bring your brood of venomous offspring with you to traipse mud into my place, nick all my sweets and lift £1.40 off the kitchen table.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Nightmare. At my place there is zero communal gardens.. just a car park, so no chance of being disturbed like that but at the same time there is nowhere to sit out. 

Saying that my parents who have a lovely back garden have to endure their neighbours kids who think its a good idea to scream as loud as they can all day when they are outside., Basically means they can't sit outside when its nice as the neighbours kids ruin it. 

Kids are only rowdy because their parents are lazy, uninterested "my kids are angels" **** words removed.

I had three kids and none of them ever performed like that in public or they would be in for a verbal barrage that would be heard in the next county.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Kids are only rowdy because their parents are lazy, uninterested "my kids are angels" **** words removed.

I had three kids and none of them ever performed like that in public or they would be in for a verbal barrage that would be heard in the next county.

To be fair, it sounds like your bollocking would have been equally as disturbing. 

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just on the kids thing, I was at a wedding over the weekend and I was sat at a table with a couple and their two daughters who are aged around 3 years and 18 months old respectively. 

These two girls were immaculately well behaved, no tantrums, no screaming, no knocking drinks over. The parents were completely attentive but still able chat with the rest of the grown ups (and me) at our table. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair, it sounds like your bollocking would have been equally as disturbing. 

It's when he takes his belt off and starts thrashing them to death in public that people start to get a bit uncomfortable.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, V01 said:

You shouldn't beat your kids...

But, but... I beat my kids constantly. They are RUBBISH at Trivial Pursuit. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

So that'll be no kids in restaurants, at the cinema or in the garden then.

Bunch of pensioner ukippers on 'ere.

Not at all. I'm not a monster, I'll allow them in those venues.

As long as they are muzzled or are wearing a ball gag. 

Â