FIFA 10

Si.

What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?

• PS3
    • PC
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • PSP

anyone hating ultimate team? all those people that spammed the hack and have stacked teams really bug the shit out of me. Easy to best though if you have Delfonz as one of your two strikers since he has 88 pace.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having an issue getting the accomplishments for penalties and free kicks in the arena. No matter how many times I score I don't get credited anything. I press back to go into practice, choose free kick and set it up but it doesn't unlock. Am I missing something obvious?

It's 6 penalties in a row for the achievement in the arena and the free-kick needs to be curled in so make sure you move that R pad around when you hit one. Apart from that you need to score the penalties and free kicks in game.

UT is shit.

The whole point of UT is chemistry. And chemistry has **** all effect online (on the xbox, I hear it has been fixed on the PS3). The patch is coming soon, but I'm welded to BF atm, so I haven't been playing this at all.

UT is shit.

The whole point of UT is chemistry. And chemistry has **** all effect online (on the xbox, I hear it has been fixed on the PS3). The patch is coming soon, but I'm welded to BF atm, so I haven't been playing this at all.

I find it the other way to be honest. The amount of times I've played far weaker teams and lost just because they have a better chemistry is ridiculous. I've also won with much worse sides because my chemistry is higher.

Getting annoyed with the online competitions though. I should have been in 5 St. Patricks Finals, which could have got me upto 50k in coins, only won 1 though because people keep leaving when I'm beating them, meaning I have to re-play the SF again and bloody lose! You should still go through if the other person leaves.

At times it feels like the game has already picked a score. Just lost 2-0 to somebody, despite out-shooting him 31 (yes, 31!) to 5. Must have hit the woodwork 5 or 6 times.

I struggled for ages with headers, it was a sort of chicken and egg thing. I needed the achievement to be able to score and could not get the achievment cos I couldn't score. In the end I started doing a tapped lofted pass accross the box when I would previously have just passed it on the floor for an open goal. I messed up loads of good scoring opportunities with simply getting the cross wrong and even more by heading it over. On the plus side my guy took a few down and volleyed them in which helps on other achievments. Once I got a couple of headed achievements I started scoring in open play more often. (doint the reverse of this will help with the crossing)

Also edit your player and sacrifice speed for size. You may play like a pudding for a bit, but it will pay off on the headers.

Thanks for that, but my problem is I cant even score headers when I'm not even using my created pro. Eg when playing with Villa even Carew cant hit the target with headers.

The shoot button is for headers right?

Sounds like your struggling pretty bad. If your crosses aren't going to your players head, then where are they going? Don't go mad with the shoot button, just tap it and direct it.

Go in kick-off and play a half a star team with a low rated keeper. Easier.

I struggled for ages with headers, it was a sort of chicken and egg thing. I needed the achievement to be able to score and could not get the achievment cos I couldn't score. In the end I started doing a tapped lofted pass accross the box when I would previously have just passed it on the floor for an open goal. I messed up loads of good scoring opportunities with simply getting the cross wrong and even more by heading it over. On the plus side my guy took a few down and volleyed them in which helps on other achievments. Once I got a couple of headed achievements I started scoring in open play more often. (doint the reverse of this will help with the crossing)

Also edit your player and sacrifice speed for size. You may play like a pudding for a bit, but it will pay off on the headers.

Thanks for that, but my problem is I cant even score headers when I'm not even using my created pro. Eg when playing with Villa even Carew cant hit the target with headers.

The shoot button is for headers right?

Right I have one more thing you can try. What I tend to find when I'm heading the ball high and wide is that the player is getting under the ball. Take control of the player rather than let the computer control the run and jostle with the defender. Positioning is very important and not that easy to achieve. I can't rememder the button combo for the jostl I know it is the shoulder button, but I just do it without thinking with the controller in my hand.

Try to keep the ball goal side of you and if you get a good position don't let the defender push you under the ball. You need to win the header but as low down as you can to keep the header down.

Now go and reverse gravity it is easier

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody noticed a difference in gameplay since the update??

My defenders have turned into mongols I swear..mistake after mistake. Running into eachother, miscontroling.

Its really pissing me off. I smashed up control pad in massive rage. Im now on my 4th Dual Shock 3 :lol:

I did wonder if something had happened. I hardly keep a clean sheet any more, when before I would only let in up to 10 goals a season. I thought it might have been something to do with all the drugs and booze I've been taking on. Now I understand the the defenders got a bit pish.

:lol:

Drugs & Booze might also have something to do with it..But yeah somet has changed I swear. Or ive just gone shite.

It's definitely changed, I only play as Villa so it may be something theyve done just to us. I had never lost a game to any of my mates, now its 50/50

Yes Yes Yes

I had the game down. Winning every tournie against friends. Now, they're getting in behind my defence and my defenders can't get the ball out the box as they keep running into each other. Am I gonna have to change teams? I can't afford to have a defence of 'mongoloids'

Is there anyway of making the best team ever, apart from maybe editing the teams, if that itself is even a possibility. Any cheats or glitches so I can get Messi and Torres and Young all on the Villa team for Manager Mode before they're in their 40s?

Is there anyway of making the best team ever, apart from maybe editing the teams, if that itself is even a possibility. Any cheats or glitches so I can get Messi and Torres and Young all on the Villa team for Manager Mode before they're in their 40s?
Yes.

Transfer them in, in the normal game then start a new manager mode.

Yeovil Town has a 19 year old James Milner in there team on my fifa, and a 21 year old Stuart Downing

Finished my first season in BAP mode last night for Villa. Michael Hart, Centre-Mid / Attacking Midfielder.

End up with a 79 overall. Improvement of 15 i think. Captain of Villa, Captain of England (even though i only played 3 times for the country).

Opted to stay there for my second season despite being offered a contact by Real Madrid (Squad Player - Bit of a step down from Captain).

not played fifa world cup 10 then? :P muhahaha

had it in the office for about 5 weeks actually

nobodys been arsed playing it because we have to license the fifa world cup logo out to use it in the magazine, which we're not bothered with :lol:

Â