FIFA 10

Si.

What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?

• PS3
    • PC
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • PSP

That really winds me up.

And also the way they bloody use a white ball when there is snow on the pitch :bang:

That is my biggest annoyance too. Can't believe that made it through testing.

Agreed.

The other night I played a head to head as Villa and my oppo was Chelsea. There was snow all over the pitch, it was a white ball, and Chelsea were playing in all white! Still won 1 - 0, mind :winkold:

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really winds me up.

And also the way they bloody use a white ball when there is snow on the pitch :bang:

Agreed.

The other night I played a head to head as Villa and my oppo was Chelsea. There was snow all over the pitch, it was a white ball, and Chelsea were playing in all white! Still won 1 - 0, mind :winkold:

if you change the ball to an orange one or blue etc in a freindly match, it changes it in manager mode too.

I've noticed a pattern: Whenever I play as the US national team (win, lose, or draw) there are a ridiculous and totally unrealistic number of goals scored. (lost to Cameroon 5-4, beat Russia 6-5, etc.) I'm starting to wonder if they programmed something into the US version of the game thinking that anyone playing as the US national team is a clueless American fan who needs to see a ton of goals scored to find the game entertaining. I say this because when I play as Villa or as other national teams, the score lines are far more believable.

That really winds me up.

I think there's way too many games played in the snow in manager mode as well.

For some strange **** reason EA have decided to make me American :shock: :x :bang: There is an American flag in my player hub where there used to be a Union flag. Anybody know how to reverse this or change it?

• 2 weeks later...
Just a heads up that its reduced to £22.99 for the 360 in Game online

And on Amazon for the same price right now, for PS3 at least.

I'm having a lot of trouble with FIFA 10, to the point that I'm actually contemplating getting rid of it. Now, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things about the game that I absolutely adore, and yet for each one of those there seems to be a factor that is pushing me away.

It's not too often that I curse whilst playing a video game, but I've been calling the referees 'words removed' quite often due to so many inconsistencies with decisions given against me and for the CPU, which ultimately seem to cost me games.

The worst incident came earlier this evening, as I was playing Villa v. Sampdoria. Despite dominating the game, it was tied at 1-1 on 50 minutes. One of their defenders hoofed a ball clear and all of the way into my half. Although I had a striker right on my controlled defender, Davies, I thought to myself, "not a problem, I've got three other defenders here anyway!"... That was until I saw Friedel running way out of his area (25-30 yards!), and on to a collision course with Davies. Just before Davies could get the ball, they ran straight into each other. Strangely, only Davies hit the ground, and I was suddenly in control of Friedel. He was immediately dispossessed by the striker. Goal.

The worst thing about it is that it wasn't the first time I've experienced something like that.

:x

Following that, 40 minutes of dominance counted for nothing. So many questionable decisions given in favour of the CPU, freekicks, advantages, you name it! Sampdoria's 'keeper must've been the son of God, because Jesus certainly bloody saves! He saved everything thrown at him. That was, when I could get past the defence, who seemed to hulk up a little after Sampdoria took the lead...

Come the end of play, Sampdoria had totalled 4 shots on target. I had totalled 29 (I play 10 minute halves).

This has been happening more often to me, and it's making what is normally a pleasant gaming experience a very horrible one. I've no problem with losing a game when I am outplayed, outclassed or when I simply deserve to lose. I've had plenty of those down the years. But I can't stand losing like this. It's almost like PES 2008 all over again...

Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this on these forums?

Just a heads up that its reduced to £22.99 for the 360 in Game online

And on Amazon for the same price right now, for PS3 at least.

I'm having a lot of trouble with FIFA 10, to the point that I'm actually contemplating getting rid of it. Now, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things about the game that I absolutely adore, and yet for each one of those there seems to be a factor that is pushing me away.

It's not too often that I curse whilst playing a video game, but I've been calling the referees 'words removed' quite often due to so many inconsistencies with decisions given against me and for the CPU, which ultimately seem to cost me games.

The worst incident came earlier this evening, as I was playing Villa v. Sampdoria. Despite dominating the game, it was tied at 1-1 on 50 minutes. One of their defenders hoofed a ball clear and all of the way into my half. Although I had a striker right on my controlled defender, Davies, I thought to myself, "not a problem, I've got three other defenders here anyway!"... That was until I saw Friedel running way out of his area (25-30 yards!), and on to a collision course with Davies. Just before Davies could get the ball, they ran straight into each other. Strangely, only Davies hit the ground, and I was suddenly in control of Friedel. He was immediately dispossessed by the striker. Goal.

The worst thing about it is that it wasn't the first time I've experienced something like that.

:x

Following that, 40 minutes of dominance counted for nothing. So many questionable decisions given in favour of the CPU, freekicks, advantages, you name it! Sampdoria's 'keeper must've been the son of God, because Jesus certainly bloody saves! He saved everything thrown at him. That was, when I could get past the defence, who seemed to hulk up a little after Sampdoria took the lead...

Come the end of play, Sampdoria had totalled 4 shots on target. I had totalled 29 (I play 10 minute halves).

This has been happening more often to me, and it's making what is normally a pleasant gaming experience a very horrible one. I've no problem with losing a game when I am outplayed, outclassed or when I simply deserve to lose. I've had plenty of those down the years. But I can't stand losing like this. It's almost like PES 2008 all over again...

Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this on these forums?

You should try being an Arsenal fan this reads like a Wenger post match interview.

You should try being an Arsenal fan this reads like a Wenger post match interview.

I will pretend that I didn't see that... :winkold:

I'm gonna put the game down for a while I think, let it collect a bit of dust before going back to it. I've a few others to get on with for now anyway (Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2).

I had to get that out of my system, though. I know that there are plenty of people over at the EA forums who've experienced similar things, but was still curious to see if any VT'ers had encountered things like that - and on more than one occasion.

Any body else having any problems playin online?? Whenever I try to get into the lobby it says that the session is no longer active I can play COD online no problem, just wondered if there are any setting that need changing?

Ugh, wish I hadn't come back on it. Played 4 games, lost all 4!

Anybody got any tips/help on what to do on certain things as I'm really struggling now I'm being matched with good people, I seem to be trying ridiculously hard just to keep the ball. I find I'm just outmuscled all the time, I can't go near one of their players without just being pushed off the ball. I usually try one touch passes to free players, but some of my opponents have had poor connections and 1-touch football is impossible then. I also have trouble taking the higher levelled people on, anything you should try and do to beat your man? Then defending I've never been good at, just never needed to use it so much. People just seem to turn away from my defenders easy.

The only 2 games I play online often I'm becoming shite at. I think I need a break from my xbox, it's infuriating.

Ugh, wish I hadn't come back on it. Played 4 games, lost all 4!

Anybody got any tips/help on what to do on certain things as I'm really struggling now I'm being matched with good people, I seem to be trying ridiculously hard just to keep the ball. I find I'm just outmuscled all the time, I can't go near one of their players without just being pushed off the ball. I usually try one touch passes to free players, but some of my opponents have had poor connections and 1-touch football is impossible then. I also have trouble taking the higher levelled people on, anything you should try and do to beat your man? Then defending I've never been good at, just never needed to use it so much. People just seem to turn away from my defenders easy.

The only 2 games I play online often I'm becoming shite at. I think I need a break from my xbox, it's infuriating.

Err keep your finger off the "run" button and only press it if you want to er, run :)

Try to switch the play more often from left to right quickly by using lobbed pass. I find this helps.

Try to hold the ball up and wait for runs to be made. Do this by using the "close ball control" button.

Over the top through balls are useful for strikers to run onto with pace e.g. Gabby.

Mix it up abit. Dont be predictable. Go down the right, down the left and through the centre. Dont always bring you keeper out if your opponent is 1 on 1 with you as lobbing becomes frequent.

Through balls are over-rated. simple pass is more effective 75% of the time.

Most important tip I can say tho is take your time. Dont rush..

Â