FIFA 10

Si.

What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What console/system do you play FIFA 10 on?

• PS3
    • PC
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • PSP

Found a good way of defending without diving in and getting bridged. Its also useful if the ball is pinging around your area.

Hold L2 & R2 and X

It jocking, but maintains pressure so if your player can, he can nick it from players' feet.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for some of them tips Si. Think not rushing has done wonder for me. I tend to break quickly and just put the ball in the box every time, now I've found that if I play the ball around a bit I'm actually quite decent at it. Had a great little run going just now, 6 in a row I think. It stopped embarassingly though, was 4-2 up with 5 minutes to go, a penalty and 2 goals in the 90th minute gave me a 5-4 loss!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to get any loan deals for players on Manager Mode who arent on the loan list ? Ie Reserves or Youth players from good sides.

My Notts word removed team is lacking a bit of quality up-front and no money to spend

I started as Burton Albion and am now in the Championship, the best way I have found is to send out Scouts, you wont sign anyone through the transfer window trust me, they are all around "15% interested in your offer" which means, "**** off I'm not playing for Burton Albion!". Im now a 5 star reputation manager and still haven't a got a chance of signing a player from the likes of Notts County or Shrewsbury. My best players have come from Scouting, got some 70-75 rated players for around £80k signing fee and £1000/game wages, bargain!

Thats all well and good Nath, but they aren't real players. I don't sign them, it ruins the game for me.

Exactly. Can't be doing with fake players.

Anyway me and my mate are keen gamers, got a season with Hull going, 3rd season now, simmed last 10 games of first season after we were pretty much safe, like 9 points with 10 games left, but also 10 points off Europe.

Guzan

Zuiverloon Shawcross Onuoha Garrido

Reo-Coker Tissano(Spelling, some midfield can't remember his name)

Routledge Pjanic Obraniak

Rodallega

Bench: Myhill, Pisano, A.Williams, Yuri, F.Bastos, V.Moses, J.Altidore.

Tried to keep it realistic transfers in terms of players who'd come. Finish 14th and 7th and now currently won 4, drew 1st of 3rd season. (obviously Legendary)

Thats all well and good Nath, but they aren't real players. I don't sign them, it ruins the game for me.

Doesn't matter to me when im playing as Burton Albion tbh, whos honestly ever heard of Shaun Harrod, Russell Penn or Paul Boertien? They are just like fake players anyway cause I have never heard of them. I do find myself checking the Burton Albion score now though!

My Notts County Team, Season 1 with 10 games left ( hard to restart as my other game save crashed )

Smithies

Clyne Norveidt Chester Spence

Damour Sissoko Martinez

Feghouli

Ragatzu Mustacchio

Basically i got rid of a lot of my better players like Lee Hughes and Sol Campbell and replaced them with younger talent who were on lower wages.

I've found that you just need to offer the clubs a bit more money than the transfer fee, ( Sissoko was £1.6m got him for £1.9m but he is awesome and worth every penny ) and also make sure that you bump their wages up, as a rule i bump it to 85% and 9/10 they will sign.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone play clubs on this?

My team have been on fire recently.

We went on a 26 unbeaten streak over the last 3 days.

Our record is something like:

270-40-68.

Anyone better than that?

• 2 weeks later...

Right lads. I just got this and I'm **** terrible. I was a dynamo on pro evo, but switched over when I heard this was better. I'm playing on XBOX Live and I'm on level five and getting hammered. I don't even look like scoring any more. I can't beat defenders. My shooting is weak. My tackling is pathetic. It's my overall control that's getting to me. I've played a few games with my Virtual Pro and he's even worse. An embarrassment to the family name. **** FIFA.

I'm going to go play some FIFA now

I just got through a few hours of Manager Mode there and I've a few questions - the main one being, is this game a bit on the shit side?

Now I know my view is tainted by my current level of skill, but it seems like they've just gotten too much wrong. It's just **** up after **** up and not just the commentary which is always completely ****. The league table shown during the build up to the match is completely wrong - Villa permanently in 6th spot for some reason. The goal celebrations. GOAL!! and half the team run into the net. How hard would that have been to fix? Players from my team standing in the opposing teams half during tip off. The controller vibrating whenever the ball hits the woodwork even if it's been out of play and come back in again.

And the commentary just seems to be worse than ever. The result of every match and they talk about it as if my team got the opposing team's result. Is this another quickly taken free kick Martin? Don't get too **** excited about it. Andy Gray would like to see all the blatantly obvious offsides again, but the ones that are tight are plain as day according to him. And the script. Was it written as they went. "I hope you enjoyed.... the game.... I've certainly enjoyed.......... describing... it for you. **** off. Delete that shit piece and start again Martin you **** ass. hmmm

The graphics are weak. The players look nothing like the players aside from a very select few.. only 2 of which are on the Villa squad. In Pro Evo at the end of the game, depending on the result, the players on the pitch would react to the final whistle before the cut scene came in. On FIFA the whistle goes and the players CONTINUE **** PLAYING. The cutscene ends the match rather than the match ending triggering the cutscene. **** off EA Sports

Now I know there's a lot to be done in building a game like this and getting all the **** leagues together, but why not leave out **** Romania's A League or whatever to **** and making sure that the game doesn't run like some sort of inbred goat. There's surely been enough testing of the game to cut this sort of shit out, so why didn't it happen?

I should just go to bed, but I'll be slamming the A button under the covers all night....

Yeah that's right

Today my contract was terminated. I may not have been playing great football, but I was on a run of 5 league wins with an FA Cup loss in them. After beating Pompey one nil and moving into i'm guessing the top four I return to the manager screen and my contract is terminated. What the ****?

LOL Yillan sounds like youre having a rite mare with it!! I too was a pro evo boy but decided to give FIFA a go this year instead. The slower pace of the game takes alot of getting used to when compared to pro evo but ultimately a more rewarding game when you become good at it. Saying that though...i havent played manager mode (theres only one footy managemenbt game and thats FM!) cuz i can imagine it being a bit shite.

Just stick with it and you will start to enjoy it

Â