The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Wow. I know Brownie is a notoriously hit and miss live vocalist, but at least you could normally rely on the band being decent. Not sure I'd be particularly happy paying to see him do karaoke. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

worst performer I've ever seen, saw him play 4 songs at manchester vs cancer a charity gig a long time ago and he turned up the crowd went wild expecting the hits and he played new unreleased songs no one had ever heard, including **** the lyrics up on one and having to restart, the crowd went flatter than a witches tit

at least the night ended with i am the resurrection 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Wow. I know Brownie is a notoriously hit and miss live vocalist, but at least you could normally rely on the band being decent. Not sure I'd be particularly happy paying to see him do karaoke

To be fair, thats at the top end of his vocal performances, he can be much much much worse than that

• Haha 1

Lindsey  Buckingham, similarly to 2012 when we also had tickets, has cancelled again due to ill health. 

Can't say I didn't see it coming, last week he cancelled in Belgium, France, Sweden and somewhere I've forgot... Played Berlin, then London, and now cancelled Liverpool, Scotland and Ireland. 

Just not meant to be! 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Lindsey  Buckingham, similarly to 2012 when we also had tickets, has cancelled again due to ill health. 

Can't say I didn't see it coming, last week he cancelled in Belgium, France, Sweden and somewhere I've forgot... Played Berlin, then London, and now cancelled Liverpool, Scotland and Ireland. 

Just not meant to be! 

Blimey that's bad luck you've had there, in 2012 and 2022. :s

Fleetwood Mac and The Cure are my favourite bands.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just not meant to be! 

Roll on 2032!

Depeche Mode announced Twickenham next June  as part of a world tour 

Seen them a couple of times in the past few years , always a good show , so might check this one out as well 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Depeche Mode announced Twickenham next June  as part of a world tour 

Seen them a couple of times in the past few years , always a good show , so might check this one out as well 

I first saw them when Vince Clarke was still in the band. I then saw them at the Birmingham Odeon after he left. I got bored of them for a couple of decades after that, then started liking their later darker material but I'm not sure I could be bothered to fork out for a Stadium gig by anyone these days

• 2 weeks later...

Got a few shows until the end of the year whilst I am here:

Biffy Clyro

Zeal & Ardor 

Jazz Sabbath (A jazz based Black Sabbath cover band led by Adam Wakeman)

The Cure

Clutch

Lamb of God

Should be a good bunch of shows. Seen all before (bar Jazz Sabbath) but good to get back to some normality. Saw Clutch a couple of weeks ago whilst in Florida pre-hurricane (literally the night before). 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2022 at 14:20, cyrusr said:

Got a few shows until the end of the year whilst I am here:

Biffy Clyro

Zeal & Ardor 

Jazz Sabbath (A jazz based Black Sabbath cover band led by Adam Wakeman)

The Cure

Clutch

Lamb of God

Should be a good bunch of shows. Seen all before (bar Jazz Sabbath) but good to get back to some normality. Saw Clutch a couple of weeks ago whilst in Florida pre-hurricane (literally the night before). 

going to this too - first time seeing them so cant wait

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I'd have come down for that but it just happens the daughter unit is coming here that day. GGGrrrrr

Doesn't that leave a spare room in London, a stones throw from the venue? :)

Â