The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I don't think I have ever connected The Room to Benny Profane, partly because I thought Dave Jackson would have been too young. I was a little young myself to listen to them at the time, this was a favourite and the only response I have is of course its **** Dave Jackson.

The pictured band is not the band that recorded TTLTWTOTC. :D 

Pictured is The Room Mk II and the song is Mk I

Great tune though

Second album (the one that Mk II recorded), In Evil Hour, partly produced by Tom Verlaine is one of those lost classic albums of the era imo.

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

The pictured band is not the band that recorded TTLTWTOTC. :D 

Pictured is The Room Mk II and the song is Mk I

Great tune though

Second album (the one that Mk II recorded), In Evil Hour, partly produced by Tom Verlaine is one of those lost classic albums of the era imo.

Yes, I think the picture is from a best of. 

Just found out Randy Newman has cancelled his European tour. 

That's a gig and a weekend in Edinburgh **** gone. 

If and when this gets rescheduled I'm not bothering again. The last  three gigs I've booked have now been cancelled and two of them were not rescheduled. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Just found out Randy Newman has cancelled his European tour. 

That's a gig and a weekend in Edinburgh **** gone. 

If and when this gets rescheduled I'm not bothering again. The last  three gigs I've booked have now been cancelled and two of them were not rescheduled. 

No one in Edinburgh you fancied seeing?

Just had a look at that weekend he was supposed to be playing, 2 acts definitely up your street, Belinda Carlisle and Bis. You should definitely go see them

Edited by Seat68
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

No one in Edinburgh you fancied seeing?

It's a long way, but I figured it might be our last chance to see Mr Newman. I wouldn't go all that way for anyone else. 

• Like 1

had tickets for his shows for years now. seen sabbath loads but gutted that i'll never see crazy train or mr crowley live :(

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ozzy-osbourne-announces-retirement-from-touring-and-cancels-all-remaining-shows-3390301

Ozzy Osbourne announces retirement from touring and cancels all remaining shows

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

had tickets for his shows for years now. seen sabbath loads but gutted that i'll never see crazy train or mr crowley live :(

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ozzy-osbourne-announces-retirement-from-touring-and-cancels-all-remaining-shows-3390301

Was coming on to post this. 4 years after it was meant to first happen, such a shame for him. Whilst it sounds like he intends to do 1 off shows, I would be very surprised if he manages this. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sad news, but I'm amazed he kept going for so long. I saw him in 2009 and he was clearly really struggling on stage then

Indeed.His 3 stooges syndrome appears to no longer be working. 

Gutted about Ozzy, was really looking forward to seeing him in June. 

I guess once the refund goes in I can add £160 to this year gig fund 🥲

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

Gutted about Ozzy, was really looking forward to seeing him in June. 

I guess once the refund goes in I can add £160 to this year gig fund 🥲

presumably  ticketmaster and co will keep hold of the booking fees  as is their policy  ? 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

presumably  ticketmaster and co will keep hold of the booking fees  as is their policy  ? 

Not sure. Just had the below from ticket factory. 

Hi 

As you may have already seen, Ozzy Osbourne has unfortunately had to cancel his tour and upcoming show at Resorts World Arena due to health reasons. To ensure the security of payment details, we only keep these on file for a set period of time, and as your tickets were booked during this period, to allow us to process your refund we require new card details from you. We will be in touch with you via email again to arrange this with a dedicated number to call.

All customers will be contacted within the next 28 days – please ignore this message if we have already done so.

We hope to see you at a show soon!

The Ticket Factory

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If you've paid with PayPal (and are within however long their payment protection period is), you can open a case and raise a claim to get your booking fees back from Ticketmaster, regardless of Ticketmaster's shitty policies. 

Had this crap last year with Primus tickets that I bought, then the same month their tour was announced the UK dates got cancelled and Ticketmaster kept the fees. The hell was I having that, for something announced and then cancelled that quickly it's about one step removed from an actual scam, as far as I'm concerned. Ticketmaser didn't fight it as it was only a few quid and not worth their time, in fact I don't even think Ticketmaster bothered to respond to the claim at all.

The shits.

• Like 1

Not my usual sort of thing but my old man wanted to go so I took him to Transatlantic Sessions last night at the symphony hall. For those not in the know (I'd expect that'd be most of VT), it's a bunch of North American and Celtic folk(ish) musicians doing mostly traditional music, a bit supergroup-ey at times. Some of it was a bit twee but the highlights were Laim Ò Maonlai (you might remember him from being in the Hot House Flowers) and Martha Wainwright. Both excellent but it did make me wonder if the Wainwrights were the most talented family going. Is there another family where so many are respected recording artists?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, choffer said:

Not my usual sort of thing but my old man wanted to go so I took him to Transatlantic Sessions last night at the symphony hall. For those not in the know (I'd expect that'd be most of VT), it's a bunch of North American and Celtic folk(ish) musicians doing mostly traditional music, a bit supergroup-ey at times. Some of it was a bit twee but the highlights were Laim Ò Maonlai (you might remember him from being in the Hot House Flowers) and Martha Wainwright. Both excellent but it did make me wonder if the Wainwrights were the most talented family going. Is there another family where so many are respected recording artists?

If I were to argue against the Wainwrights and McGarrigles, it would be Waterson Carthy. Norma Waterson, Mike and Lal Waterson, Martin Carthy, Eliza Carthy, Oliver Knight, Marry Waterson, thats some talent.

• Like 1

Just bought myself a ticket to see John (times two) at The Cavern in Exeter - a cracking tiny venue. 

It's going to be loud...

Also looking to get tickets to see Squid in Bristol in October and make a weekend of it with a few mates. 

• Like 2

Â