The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

On the train to London for a double header at the Camden Roundhouse

Friday - Sports Team

Saturday - Pavement

Catching up with a mate from Brum so there’ll be a few beers, bottles of wine and televised sport chucked in too!

probably raise a glass to the demise of Stevie G as well 🤭

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

On the train to London for a double header at the Camden Roundhouse

Friday - Sports Team

Saturday - Pavement

Catching up with a mate from Brum so there’ll be a few beers, bottles of wine and televised sport chucked in too!

probably raise a glass to the demise of Stevie G as well 🤭

oh you're seeing Pavement? nice man!

personally I'm going to see Hiatus Kaiyote with a couple of friends and my brother tonight here in Stockholm. enjoy your night mate!

• Like 1

So Pavement at The Camden Roundhouse was as brilliant as I had hoped, pretty much 2hrs of great songs! 

F6193C73-59CF-4226-85A5-F9C408287CA7.jpeg

Just the one faux pas though, as I was stood in the merchandise queue, to my side was a guy with someone, who in my peripheral vision had long dark locks.
I hear him say, what size t-shirt do you want? Do I which I interjected with - never ask a lady her clothes size.
 He responded with ‘That’s my son!!!’ 😂😮😳
How we all laughed 😂 😬

to be fair, they found it very funny, which was a little lucky!

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 23/10/2022 at 12:58, theboyangel said:

So Pavement at The Camden Roundhouse was as brilliant as I had hoped, pretty much 2hrs of great songs! 

F6193C73-59CF-4226-85A5-F9C408287CA7.jpeg

Just the one faux pas though, as I was stood in the merchandise queue, to my side was a guy with someone, who in my peripheral vision had long dark locks.
I hear him say, what size t-shirt do you want? Do I which I interjected with - never ask a lady her clothes size.
 He responded with ‘That’s my son!!!’ 😂😮😳
How we all laughed 😂😬

to be fair, they found it very funny, which was a little lucky!

Just saw Pavement at Roundhouse tonight. Incredible. They still sound like they did 30 years ago

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Just saw Pavement at Roundhouse tonight. Incredible. They still sound like they did 30 years ago

It's freaking me out that Pavement was 30 years ago. Did they player Summer Babe? Such a cool band. That lo-fi sound is coming back right now -- again.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

They were phenomenal and clearly loving playing live together again.

Gotta love Bob Nastanovich - he was in his element, bouncing around, shaking whatever bits of percussion he could gets his hands on and belting out his lyrics.

Last saw them in 1994 and this was just as good 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's freaking me out that Pavement was 30 years ago. Did they player Summer Babe? Such a cool band. That lo-fi sound is coming back right now -- again.

They didn’t play Summer Babe or Cut Your Hair. But pretty much everything else you’d expect. My highlights were Heaven is a Truck, Range Life, Kennel District, and something else I’ll need to work out when I wake up!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

They were phenomenal and clearly loving playing live together again.

Gotta love Bob Nastanovich - he was in his element, bouncing around, shaking whatever bits of percussion he could gets his hands on and belting out his lyrics.

Last saw them in 1994 and this was just as good 

Bob Nastanovich is one of those who must be amazing in a much smaller venue, just a pure soul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Anyone know if either Soul Asylum or Everclear are worth seeing? Been offered tickets for the Manchester show and never heard of them. 

Everclear sounds like they sell windows. 

Rainaway trian reminds me of my youth. That song is brilliant but I can’t say I’ve heard any of their other stuff 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Rainaway trian reminds me of my youth. That song is brilliant but I can’t say I’ve heard any of their other stuff 

Not sure they're for me based off that song but will give them a go. 

23 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Anyone know if either Soul Asylum or Everclear are worth seeing? Been offered tickets for the Manchester show and never heard of them. 

I'd have them both pegged in that dungeon of bad taste that stretches between Maroon 5 and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I believe the Americans call it Alternative Rock, when the reality is they aren't alternative and they don't really rock either

But as ever with music, each to their own, some people like The Beatles and Queen, go figure

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess this could have gone in here or the ‘what you listening to now’ thread. I’ve got tickets to going and see Evanescence in a few weeks and they are being supported by Within Temptation. I’d never heard of WT tbh  so today I’ve been listening to some of their stuff and I actually prefer them to Evanescence, absolutely brilliant, her voice is incredible. 

I’ve saw loads of bands that I like that aren’t particularly good live so I’m not going to get too excited just yet, but I absolutely love it when I go to a gig and come away blown away by a support act I know little/nothing about. 

Edited by av1

On 26/10/2022 at 15:16, Rds1983 said:

Gravedancers Union was in my car CD player for months and I played it to death … runaway train is probably my least favourite track on it , just due to to it being over played on MTV etc … Black Gold was my fav off the album 

haven't listened to it in over 20 years , but I think it would still sound good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â