The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Tickets for Pigsx7 booked (ground level too @chrisp65!) for the November gig at Bath Komedia.

hoping Bath rugby have a home fixture on the Saturday to make a full weekend of it! 

Supposed to be seeing them in April...

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Supposed to be seeing them in April...

Fingers crossed it happens 

currently sweating on Ash (this month) buzzard buzzard buzzard (April) Nick Cave (May) and Faith No More (June) all going ahead!

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

You've heard of Living Colour?

the name sounded familiar but when I played" Cult of personality" apart from being a rip off of Van Halen i didn't recognize the track

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Let's see if this happens?FINAL-LINEAR-953-27-a-27.thumb.png.b6a081e54a8e8b583d6c73206d3708fa.png

Wasn’t old man Eavis on social media yesterday suggesting they could make it a full fortnight and people could arrange their self isolation around it and they’d all self isolate together?

Off to Warwick arts centre tonight to see Foil Arms and Hog. The FAH website has already announced postponement of gigs in Ireland but nothing for UK dates, so off I go. 

Thanks Uncle Boris 😀

Ani Glass, in a rain soaked Cardiff, half empty on a Friday evening.

That was truly lovely and just a little bit emotional.

Every chance that was the last gig (does an hour in a shop count as a gig?) for a while and there were 18 of us there to share it.

ETA6lv_XkAEM9DT?format=jpg&name=large

When these fellas were doing what they did I was into indie that was mainly put out on 7" records and in polythene bags and even I have heard of some of these. Without googling Horace Andy has worked with Massive Attack a **** ton. Tackhead Even of you haven't heard of the band, you have heard of at least Doug Wimbish or Adrian Sherwood. Mark Stewart was one of them people that seemed like he was on Snub TV all the time if you haven't heard of the Mafia, his older band The Pop Group are more well known. 

African Head Charge, I always got them mixed up with American Head Charge so these are either a dub band or an industrial metal band. My money would be on the former. 

The point is yes these weren't pop stars on the cover of Smash Hits every fortnight but they aren't completely unknown. On U was a well known and respected label. You must all know Beef by Gary Clail surely?

Supposed to be at the Albert Hall on sat with the boy for the classical spectacular, almost certainly cancelled now 

Milton Jones in Guildford in April just got binned

im sure Peter Hook at Brixton will follow shortly as well

on the plus side with rescheduling I should have a good second half of the year gig wise 

Â