The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

On 14/03/2020 at 05:51, Seat68 said:

Tackhead Even of you haven't heard of the band, you have heard of at least Doug Wimbish or Adrian Sherwood.

The Sugar Hill Gang musicians were essentially, Skip McDonald, Doug Wimbish and Keith le Blanc. Who are also Tackhead, Doug WImbish is also the bass player in Living Colour. Skip McDonald is also Little Axe (Dub Blues). Not sure Keith Le Blanc will be appearing, there was a falling out over the use of the name Tackhead on remixes and some unofficial Tackhead releases that weren't sanctioned by the rest of the band

You were correct about Mark Stewart

On 14/03/2020 at 05:51, Seat68 said:

African Head Charge,

Dub but with Nyabinghi Drumming, essentially a vehicle for Adrian Sherwood and Bonjo Iyabinghi Noah with assorted ON-U posse supporting. Released an album last week for the first time in at least two decades, its superb

Horace Andy

Yes there's the Massive Attack connection but he's also a reggae star in his own right

Oh and Gary Clail is considered a word removed in On-U circles these days... took the money from a major, thought he was a pop star and fell on his arse as soon as the On-U stable wasn't involved. He was essentially some bloke who ran the sound system, using all Sherwood's samples and mixes, he was never going to do it on his own. Shame, he was always nice to me but he thought he'd made it and didn't need the exact thing that got him there.

• Like 1

I was pencilled in to see The Regrettes today I think it was. Of course that's gone. God this year is going to be dull. No gatherings, gigs, festivals, can't go on holiday. 

RIP Eurovision Song Contest 2020. Finally a bit of good news.

Obviously a lot of people miss out on income and work but looking at it from a pure musical point of ear it's great news.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Obviously a lot of people miss out on income and work but looking at it from a pure musical point of ear it's great news.

How dare you. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

How dare you. 

It's such a massive thing in Sweden, especially the Swedish competition but also the Eurovision. The state television channels are basically taken over by it for months and it produces a newer ending stream of untalented ass hats who make a living by taking part in family game shows and singing contests the whole year round.

And many of the people who are involved in it are the ones screaming the loudest about the Football WC or other sporting events should be boycotted by Sweden because of human rights issues in whatever country.

But at the same time have no issue what so ever with the Eurovision being held in Azerbaijan, Israel, Russia, Belarus, Turkey and so on.

It's extremely petty but if I can't have my EURO's then neither should they :)

2 hours ago, sne said:

spacer.png

It's shite music but such a laugh. Used to be great for clunge-spotting, although last year was rubbish for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Who was last to ever see a live music gig then?

I'm guessing it was either @mottaloo or @cbr600rr ?

I'm guessing I got the bronze medal unless those two were late fallers. Or @mjmooney is still doing his tour of clandestine speakeasies?

i was at gig sat yes, was a great night till some one died in another room, the gig ended at 1.30 am sunday when the poor last lost his life, was supposed  to go till 5am . RIP  fellow raver 

Being a loverman and a DJ, lots of girls come down the front when Im on the ones and twos. There was this one particular girl, though, she was so beautiful, she used to knock mah eyes out every damn time. One night she flipped this funny little heart-shaped pill and jes died there right in front of me. Now she dont dance to techno anymore.

8th Feb was my last one, Beak> and Snapped Ankles. i was going to  A Winged Victory for the Sullen a couple of weeks back and possibly Teeth of the Sea in Manchester the day after but decided against it with CV19

I think I’m getting the silver medal, I don’t reckon there were any actual instruments at CB’s gig.

Mine and Mottaloo’s were same evening but mine finished 8:30 so I reckon he’s done me by hours.

Â