The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Saw them twice. Just to make sure. I concur. By twice, the first time was face down on a dusty path at Glastonbury Festival, regretting my decisions vis a vis the jazz cigarettes. 

Amazed how many friends of mine are picking a Blur album on this Facebook 10 albums things doing the rounds ... I just don’t get them 

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

When I was a kid I went alone to a Dr Feelgood gig (still ranks as one of the best ever) and before the gig I bought a record. The bloke selling merch weirdly asked me if I wanted it signed. Which I declined, the **** weirdo.

Anyway, an hour later, it turns out merch bloke was also doubling up as lead singer, Lee Brilleaux.

Funnily enough a mate of mine was talking about Wilko Johnson to me last night and said if he’s gigging at all ( post lockdown) would I go with him 

I had no idea who he was but now know he’s the guitarist from Dr Feelgood ... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Amazed how many friends of mine are picking a Blur album on this Facebook 10 albums things doing the rounds ... I just don’t get them 

I've got a pile of Blur albums in these CDs I'm going through and quite a few tims I've gone,... shall I? then I've realised it would be a stupid thing to do (and they were definitely for DJing with). I can't part with them as they remind me of things but equally I can't actually listen to them

I'm terribly unprepared with the details I'm afraid, but apparently Easy Stat All-Stars are doing a live Facebook thing this evening. About 9ish. Have a look at their FB page for details. I've got a few nice cans of beer, and gonna have a watch, and depending on how many of the cans I drink, a dance. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My last potential festival cancelled today. Was going purely as a weekend away with friends. One night was an “ibiza party” the others were chock full of shitty britpop type bands. Never have I welcomed a cancellation email more. 
I have to add I can stomach to a degree , Brit pop bands. I know the tunes,  I can sing along with that. Ibiza and its party mean nothing to me and it will be fun for none of us.

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Trashed, Cardiff, September

Let’s see the general mood about crowds in September...but a definite maybe.

norman_jay_mbe__don_letts-5765929524.jpg

Norman Jay worth a go, Don Letts is a shite DJ, he generally just plays the ones everyone knows

• Like 1

I’ve seen mini sets from Don Letts and they were definitely the crowd pleaser / wedding party end of the market.

But I’m perfectly happy with that, sometimes you just want Long Shot Kick The Bucket and White Riot.

But we’ve had a high level executive meeting and apparently I’ve decided I’m not going.

15 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My last potential festival cancelled today. Was going purely as a weekend away with friends. One night was an “ibiza party” the others were chock full of shitty britpop type bands. Never have I welcomed a cancellation email more. 
I have to add I can stomach to a degree , Brit pop bands. I know the tunes,  I can sing along with that. Ibiza and its party mean nothing to me and it will be fun for none of us.

I like weekends away with mates but if one of them suggested an Ibiza party weekend , I’d def fake my own death to get out of it .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

We have Dinosaur Pile Up in London, August 14. Postponed from April.

Not happening is it?

The Ash gig I was due to take my lad to in April was postponed until September but already further postponed until next year. 

I have serious doubts any gigs will take place in 2020 now :(

Gutting as, for once I had a pretty good set of gigs lined up!

I still have fingers crossed for Pigsx7 in November though

• Like 1

Â