The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

On 21/06/2019 at 21:50, rjw63 said:

Beer queues are unheard of, unlike Download

You've just sold me a ticket. Just for the Saturday though. Now to try to talk the other half in to giving me a lift home.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Xann said:

Been cut loose this weekend. If nothing goes tits up this over the next couple of days? Glastonbury it is :)

See if you can cadge a lift in one of the many helicopters taking people there this weekend

21 hours ago, bickster said:

See if you can cadge a lift in one of the many helicopters taking people there this weekend

Ha - That would be nice.

The first year they sited the helipad where it is now they fenced it in with steel shield, and the 'special' guests parked around the perimeter.

They should have left a few gaps :)

Helicopter arrives and blows the steel shield outward across all the posh cars.

titan-3-small.jpg.7a6d857b04b24deca63ad922f091a16a.jpg

• Haha 2

From this weeks popbitch:

>> Chopper nawty <<
Copying the greats

Amid all the hoo-hah about just how many helicopters are expected to land at Glastonbury this weekend, we were reminded of a story from the festival back in 1994, when helicopters arriving on site were a real rarity. 

One was spotted making its descent that weekend and everyone backstage got very excited as a rumour went round like wildfire that it was Princess Di...

Then the chopper landed. And 80s acid-jazz gonks Galliano got out.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is that still a thing? Wow

I almost put in a line to say that yes, it does still exist. A shadow of its former self and most updates are about people I’ve never heard of but I still read it just so I can rob their jokes to post in here. 

Just now, choffer said:

I almost put in a line to say that yes, it does still exist. A shadow of its former self and most updates are about people I’ve never heard of but I still read it just so I can rob their jokes to post in here. 

Sid Cowans being asked to pay for a Wembley ticket was in this week's I've now discovered

I saw Khraungbin in Portland last week. First time at this particular venue and the mix was piss poor. Soundboard fail. Packed house though and it's always good to see bands venture this far northeast. Usually Boston is the last stop. 

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

I saw Khraungbin in Portland last week. First time at this particular venue and the mix was piss poor. Soundboard fail. Packed house though and it's always good to see bands venture this far northeast. Usually Boston is the last stop. 

Tim Mcgraw sung a song about Portland Maine.

Having looked at the Glastonbury line up, I feel justified in not giving a f*** about it. Its just a pop festival, what's the point? I get that it is meant to be everything, and its good that some metal is making its way onto it, but the biggest one is probably Gojira and they have an hour on what I think is 5th/6th stage. No real diversity at all and is just for people to look cool. No thanks. 

The only benefit is that it has meant that Gojira are doing a mini tour and I am looking forward to seeing them on Saturday. Rolo Tomassi and Black Peaks supporting so good all round. 

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Having looked at the Glastonbury line up, I feel justified in not giving a f*** about it. Its just a pop festival, what's the point? I get that it is meant to be everything, and its good that some metal is making its way onto it, but the biggest one is probably Gojira and they have an hour on what I think is 5th/6th stage. No real diversity at all and is just for people to look cool. No thanks. 

The only benefit is that it has meant that Gojira are doing a mini tour and I am looking forward to seeing them on Saturday. Rolo Tomassi and Black Peaks supporting so good all round. 

Just booked for Black Peaks again later in the year. Always fantastic. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cyrusr said:

I think it's the worst lineup I can recall since I've been paying attention to it.

I mean there's been lineups before that didn't float my boat on the whole but you could understand why most of them are there, but this year is just a cavalcade of crap. Looking at the big 5 stages I think there's maybe 3 acts I'd watch over the weekend. Other years that would be tally for a day, in really good years might be the tally for one stage in one day.

Idles were utterly stunning and despite it 100% not being my kind of music the Stormzy set has been awesome so far. 

Cant see a lot else on the schedule that I’d cross the road to watch though. 

• Like 1

Â