The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Just now, blandy said:

That pub round the back of the place about 8 ish Bicks?

I was just about to look up the name of that pub round the back to suggest the very same, we are creatures of habit!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Off to see King Khan’s Louder Than Death tonight.

loved his stuff with the BBQ Show and The Shrines

tiny tiny venue - should be pretty epic (and clearly loud!) 

Post gig note - really decent night, the two support bands The Fruit Tones and The Ohms were both good albeit very different. As for King Khan, he's moved on from garage rock back to punk. It was still great and he is a solid  and entertaining performer live.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never been to Download before, but just picked up some tickets. Maiden headlining which I'm not that excited about as it's the same bloody show I saw them do last year. Time for a new album, lads.

Quite looking forward to SoaD and Gojira though, not seen them before.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Never been to Download before, but just picked up some tickets. Maiden headlining which I'm not that excited about as it's the same bloody show I saw them do last year. Time for a new album, lads.

Quite looking forward to SoaD and Gojira though, not seen them before.

Gojira are fantastic and will be well worth it. SOAD will be good if you've never seen before, but if you think that Maiden need to do a new album... 

Maiden show will be similar but even in the same tour, they shift it up a little and given it is one of 2 UK shows for next year (other date is Belfast a couple of days later) there should be something special. 

Edited by cyrusr

17 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

but if you think that Maiden need to do a new album... 

It'll have been 5 years by Download 2020

There's been rumours of a new one for quite a while now, I wouldn't be surprised if it lands shortly before these shows.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It'll have been 5 years by Download 2020

There's been rumours of a new one for quite a while now, I wouldn't be surprised if it lands shortly before these shows.

Yeah don't forget that Bruce had cancer during that time as well! They it looks IMO is that these will be the last shows of the "legacy of the beast" tour. They will then record and release a new album end of 2020/early 2021 and start that tour cycle. Maiden are a machine when it comes to tour/album cycles so this will be all planned out now already. They still haven't got round to playing Empire of the Clouds live yet though... 

Onto gigs though, got Baroness/Volbeat next week. To say I am looking forward to Baroness more than Volbeat is a massive understatement... 

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Saw a guy I have been waiting to see for 10 years, last night in Nottingham. One of those gigs where it fulfilled all hopes. Just fantastic. There was stetson in the audience. 

Who? 

Â