The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Reading has an awful line up too

As much as people say it's not about the music blah blah it still helps!

I would be all over tame impala, to be fair to him it looked like stormzy put a show on, well thought out and high production values...the problem is he has to do that because he hasn't got the music...Not saying he's shit or anything (not really my thing) But he released a 2nd album 2 weeks ago I think? Has anyone headlined glasto based on that little material? I think it's more a headline grabbing culturally significant event for people to bandwagon and that's the reason for me Glastonbury will be a little off 

They had 2 albums and an EP at that stage

And to be fair the first album was the fastest selling debut album of all time, stormzys first album sold just over 300k copies, AM sold over 350k copies in the opening week

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Kylie, sorry, don't get the point any more. Fun pop shit isn't my bag anyway but why does she have a mime artist on stage that has ripped off a very well known act from days of old. It's just a blatent image theft (for no particular reason)

b2b1effd.jpg&f=1

And then she brings out Chris Martin and I suspect people think she's smashing it.

I tried looking at the other stages, shit, shit and not allowed to broadcast (whoever that was) plus coming up. Had to go back to kylie.

Fat White Family next for me I think

See, I know I will think Kylie is shite, so what I do, is I don't watch it. :P 

Why sit through something you know you're not going to like? Pretty much the reason I haven't turned on Glasto in years to be fair. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

See, I know I will think Kylie is shite, so what I do, is I don't watch it.

Because you should always experience things outside your comfort zone. Where the Wild Roses Grow was a good enough reason anyway 

But anyway from what I've watched so far, Low is the highlight followed by Fat White Family who I wouldn't say I was a complete fan of but that just an indication of how bad most of this line up is

Even the stuff I've watched on the John Peel stage has been rather poor so far (except for Low)

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Aparently Miley is changed forever because of Glasto :mrgreen:

No more being a slut and getting naked then?

The Cure are literally the first bit of Glastonbury I've bothered watching this year.

Take away so far, Robert Smith is aged very badly for 20 years and then seems to have got locked in a timeloop.

And the bass seems far more noticeably twangly and higher than usual.

The cure has persuaded me to break my Glastonbury duck , smith look like the love child of Pat Butcher and Marcel Marceau

good as the cure are , the cameraman showing people in the audience has my swear filter going into over drive 

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the cameraman showing people in the audience has my swear filter going into over drive 

flags I absolutely detest the flags, really get on my tits, watch the band instead of waving your sodding flags

• Like 2

Â