The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Any Ryley Walker fans on here? He just posted this on his Facebook page: 

Hey everybody

I wish to express my sincere apologies for canceling, but I gotta call April euro tour off.

my mental health is at an all time low, and those closest to me have determined its best I seek help instead of going on tour. I have always prided myself on work ethic and never canceling a gig. However, my life is at risk. I desperately need to take time to seek clarity through professional help. Need to be cared for in a controlled environment. I’m gonna try to kick my substance abuse and extreme depression. Both have been a part of my life since I was very young, and it’s all coming to a head. I'm suffering. I need to protect myself and those around me from self destruction.

I appreciate your understanding and I’m so sorry to the promoters who worked really hard to set the gigs up. I’ll try to make it back when I’m healthier. I love playing tunes with all my heart and the friends I’ve made over the years. I love you all.

Can't say I'm surprised. Head full of Primrose Green, indeed. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not entirely serious, I could tell by the stuff he wrote tbh. Never really heard of him though

Young, singer/guitarist (lots of FX and looping). Sort of folk-meets-jazz, very much in the tradition of Tim Buckley and John Martyn. Likes a drug or two. 

• Thanks 1

Anaal Nathrakh in Brum tonight (The Asylum)

If it's anywhere near as good as the show they put on a couple of years ago it will be an absolute belter. Cannae wait 😀

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Anaal Nathrakh in Brum tonight (The Asylum)

If it's anywhere near as good as the show they put on a couple of years ago it will be an absolute belter. Cannae wait 😀

Was there too. Felt they were on absolute form last night! 

• Like 1

Just booked a solo september gig to see Joe Nichols in Nottingham. As is the nature of the music I like, my wife is never keen on going and none of my mates like it, so I go to a lot of gigs alone. I am comfortable with this.

I had the chance to see Joe Nichols in Vegas about 6 years ago but it was the same night as Reverend Horton Heat and there was no way I would feel comfortable with my wife getting back to the hotel alone, so I ditched Joe Nichols and instead watched RHH. The great thing was Wayne The Train Hancock guested with him, so that was an excellent night.

• 2 weeks later...

Beirut last Friday. Slightly apprehensive as I only knew a handful of tracks (it's the other half's favourite band) but it turned out to be a great show and I've since picked up a lot of the back catalogue. Supremely talented musician that Beirut feller.

Obligatory grainy photo of some blokes and some lights on a stage (taken from the very back row of Hammersmith Apollo):

k121LAS.jpg

• Like 1

fresh from their gig on the back of a lorry at Marble Arch

D4OMCz8XkAUCV6M.jpg

The Very Reverend D Wayne Love brings his Presleytarian brothers and sisters to Gloucester this evening

D4IdNXZXoAA6R23.jpg

praise the Lord and pass the whiskey

• Like 1

So last week I painted an egg and photoshopped it onto the cover of a Mogwai album (all part of the crazy, hedonistic lifestyle I lead,  you see), which has left me within a gnat's taint hair of winning tickets to ArcTanGent and 2000 Trees festivals and I would be super-indebted if anyone wanted to submit a vote for the Mogwai entry in the competition's Facebook poll.  Clicky link here (might need to scroll down a pinch). :D 

57355523_2206957302727262_9061269358239547392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=77e3df21b945f7632550111395b56d62&oe=5D2C8318

On 20/04/2019 at 18:16, bickster said:

The Antlers at the Manchester Dancehouse tonight. I predict absolutely no dancing

Great gig!

My friend’s video:

Also went to The National at the Royal Festival Hall in London to see most of the new album being performed, amazing.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â