The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

I’ve given up on the cure, had a look at The Streets and he’s just a deranged madman so now I’m watching some kid called Rex Orange Country. It’s awful, cheesy pop but at least it doesn’t make me want to cry as much as what’s happening on the other stages. 

Edited by choffer

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

flags I absolutely detest the flags, really get on my tits, watch the band instead of waving your sodding flags

Flags , people on shoulders and don’t get me started on the “look at me I’m zany” types ... 

I look at that audience and think maybe the Taliban are onto something 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Not enough beards?

Actually that’s a good point , I’m not seeing that many hipsters beards when they pan around the crowd ... does that mean Glastonbury has become so uncool even the hipsters are staying away ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Actually that’s a good point , I’m not seeing that many hipsters beards when they pan around the crowd ... does that mean Glastonbury has become so uncool even the hipsters are staying away ?

Hipsters mostly died out 8/10 years ago. What you’ve been seen since is wannabe hipsters. Even they’ve got the memo that Glasto ain’t cool. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, choffer said:

had a look at The Streets

He's just a small heathen, istening to him is like washing in a triton shower or having your window repaired by Auto Windscreens. Just. ain't. happening.

Plus he's a grade A twunt regardless of the team he supports. Oh and his musics shit anyway

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

there are few things greater than a live band and few things emptier than watching a music festival on the telly

I’ve seen the cure live about 4 or 5 times , coming through the telly it just doesn’t do them justice only advantage is it doesn’t take 45 mins to get a beer and go for a piss 

• Like 1

Robert Smith’s voice sounds amazing, better than on record. He looks like Red from Orange Is The New Black, but he’s absolutely nailing this. Band are great too. 

In Between Days was brilliant 

• Like 2

Just now, wazzap24 said:

Robert Smith’s voice sounds amazing,

I'm not sure he can actually sing, he's always had masses of reverb on his voice and you can tell its a lot because everything he says is echoed about three times

I don't have a problem with this though, it's become his style. Reverb is the old autotune though

• Like 1

Just now, wazzap24 said:

Robert Smith’s voice sounds amazing, better than on record. He looks like Red from Orange Is The New Black, but he’s absolutely nailing this. Band are great too. 

In Between Days was brilliant 

Their gig at Wembley couple of years back still might just be the best show  I’ve been to (.though Pearl Jam last year might just have edged it )

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure he can actually sing, he's always had masses of reverb on his voice and you can tell its a lot because everything he says is echoed about three times

I don't have a problem with this though, it's become his style. Reverb is the old autotune though

Whatever the trick is to it, it’s very well done - he sounds pretty powerful. I’m not a massive fan, I know a few songs and quite like them, but I didn’t expect them to be this good live. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

but I didn’t expect them to be this good live

Every time I've seen them they've been good but just like almost any band, as soon as they hit arena size, I stop going to see them live, so I last saw them in the '80s

• Like 1

Â