The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

there was a rumor going around that Noel might be playing a few smaller venues before the royal albert hall earlier in march. if someone could just tell me if this is more than a rumor that would be great. i would love to see him and love to take my husband to see him even more!!!

I would also like this confirmed, if anyone has any info??

Im caught bewteen paying £120 for a ticket then an additional £20 for the booking fee - what a rip!! But im desperate to go, and the Royal Albert Hall would be an amazing location to see him.

But am also considering buying from a tout outside the venue - id prob get away with £100 max (although would start lower obv) but there's the risk of the whole legit issue/worry.

Saw the Rumble Strips at the o2 academy last night. Coincidently supported by 51 Breaks. Lead singer had a great voice and one or two of the tunes were really catchy. There wasn't much interation with the crowd though and the turn out was a bit disapointing. Supposed to be a sell out but estimate there was only 250 - 300 there.

there was a rumor going around that Noel might be playing a few smaller venues before the royal albert hall earlier in march. if someone could just tell me if this is more than a rumor that would be great. i would love to see him and love to take my husband to see him even more!!!

'tis true and I know one of them....but I'd be lynched for posting it on here. They won't be publicised at all, simple rumour will be enough to fill the [very] small venues. All I can suggest is that you call up likely places and very gently using your best chat up lines, ask them.

'tis true and I know one of them....but I'd be lynched for posting it on here. They won't be publicised at all, simple rumour will be enough to fill the [very] small venues. All I can suggest is that you call up likely places and very gently using your best chat up lines, ask them.

Can you please PM then???

• 1 month later...

Went to the Hare & Hounds last night to watch The Besnard Lakes. They're over here from Toronto and were great live. They have a real Pink Floyd feel to them. The two support bands were pretty good too although I can't recall their names but helped towards a good night. I'm back at the Hare & Hounds tonight where We are Band are headlining. Realy going for the main support band 51 Breaks who are always great live.

I have 3 lined up at the moment. Paloma Faith at the Iveagh Gardens in Dublin, Imelda May in Leamington Spa and the fantastic Electric Picnic in Stradbally . 3 days of fun and frollics including Roxy Music, PiL, Leftfield ,Mumford and Sons, Seasick Steve, Gil Scott Heron, Massive Attack and The Frames. Cannot wait !!!!

Going to see Dinosaur Jr in May in Newcastle, two days after seeing Pavement in Brixton. Gonna be a rocking good time!

When you get back, tell me how many pies you think J Mascis has eaten.

not been to a concert in yonks ...But off to see James at the Albert Hall in a few weeks time ,the last album "Hey Ma" was overlooked in my humble opinion and worth checking out

Going to see Dinosaur Jr in May in Newcastle, two days after seeing Pavement in Brixton. Gonna be a rocking good time!

When you get back, tell me how many pies you think J Mascis has eaten.

He's beefed up since he gave the smack up that's for sure. He can still wield an axe mind.

I did set up a thread here but it seems to have lost its legs.

Im going to Rockwerchter in Belgium which should be ace! Anyone else going? Also, my friends have been put on a "waiting list" - has anyone any info on what this actually menas - i.e. will they release any more tickets or is the waiting list purely for returns etc? Seems strange.

Im going to Rockwerchter in Belgium which should be ace!

Christ, there's some quality on show there! Phoenix, Midlake, Yeasayer, Wolfmother and Dirty Projectors = good times.

Got a couple of gigs coming up this month, Minnaars at the Luminaire on the 28th and Three Trapped Tigers at the ICA on the 29th. Really looking forward to both of those, but I will be absolutely hanging at work on Friday!.

The one I'm counting the days till is MAYBESHEWILL at the Lexington in June. Really can't wait for this, plus they've just announced the support and one of the acts (Kontakte) I've seen before and really liked. It's great when shit like that happens. :)

Â