The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

I was at the NIA for the Arctic's, have scene the place a bit fuller in the past, got my tickets 1/2 price the week before. Nearly got thrown out for dancing on the steps in the upper when, "When the Sun Goes Down" came on which was the highlight as usual. But yeah a nice mix of songs now, some to sit down too as well as some to go nuts to

Next gig I'm going to is 12 Dec, Phil Beer + Paul Barrere + Fred Tackett at the Globe Inn in Topsham, Devon.

And if those names mean anything to anybody on here I'll be amazed.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Babyshambles last night in Liverpool. They were quite good until Doherty started falling over and wasting about five minutes between each song. The first five or six songs of the set were done very well though.

Next gig I'm going to is 12 Dec, Phil Beer + Paul Barrere + Fred Tackett at the Globe Inn in Topsham, Devon.

And if those names mean anything to anybody on here I'll be amazed.

And it was **** awesome. :thumb:

Went to see Ian McNabb do the first Icicle Works album in its entirety last Saturday, which was ok but I was rather pissed because of a certain football result so objectivity went out of the window and I'm not sure McNabb is talking to me now after some of the heckling I did :mrgreen:

Going to book tickets to John Butler Trio today once I've sorted out how many of us are going.

Nearest to me is Manchester, although I do also fancy a trip to Amsterdam to watch them; they're playing at the Melkweg on the last Saturday of our Easter break.

I went to see Marilyn Manson on 13th December at O2 Academy, was a bit disapointed in how long he was on for to be honest. Also the crowd seemed really lame compared to what I thought it would be like, seen way better atmosphere at smaller venues.

just fot back from newcastle after seeing spiritualized at the sage fooking magnificent best gig i have ever been to man

the sound in that place was **** brilliant the band the choir the orchastra even the **** harmonica blew me away

as for the lights well they were just as animal as can be expected from spiritualized trust me if you have never seen them then you have never seen lights like it absolutely amazing

cant come up with enough things to big the weekend i have just had up but at the moment its easily the best gig i have been to absolutely amazed

plus we had quite a cultured weekend...i got bladdered in the bar of the hotel on friday and had an indian takeaway and destroyed my room with it, we went to an art exibition on saturday (not my choice) then we had lobster (then we got back to the bar) then we watched the gig then we got back to the bar then we had pizza then we went back to the bar then we went to another bar then we got some cans and wine and jumped back on the train and come home....and i slept a bit...and watched motd at some point

im sure there was some other stuff that i am forgetting but i was completely soba for the gig and it was bloody brilliant.

Morricone is playing, 10th April at the Royal Albert Hall.

Saw him a couple of years ago, got a ticket for my birthday they were £50. Amazing - If I'd paid £300 I'd have considered it good value.

Saw Paramore at Wembley Arena on Friday and was amazed by Hayley Williams. The quality of her vocal and the showmanship she put on as lead person was nothing short of brilliant. Admittedly she could have had anybody on the instruments behind her as it's quite simply her band, but I would recommend to anyone to go see her

Â