The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

ticket prices surely mkae more sense with concerts. they are one off and special! football is every other bloody week.

£55 still a bit OTT especially for a bunch of useless inept tosspots, but I have no issues at all shelling £30-40 out for a band I'd really like. I'm only watching them once, not 19 times.

The kind of gigs I go to are no more than around £15, most of them are no more than £10 and some are even less than £5...what you want to do is find some underground bands which don't have huge fanbases, then you can afford concerts on a daily basis let alone weekly, monthly or yearly

oh i used to go to them all the time, my favourite gigs they were. Gogol Bordello in a bristol pub for a fiver easily my favourite gig, but seeing an established band with a good back catalogue playing live for £40 is fair enough. Especially since I probably haven't paid as much for the albums as I could / should have.

Both Taj Mahal, and Gary Louris and Marc Olsen from the Jayhawks are playing on the same night, at different stages, at the Sage in Gateshead. Seen them both before, both brilliant and swore that I'd travel anywhere in this country, and possibly beyond, to see either again only to find both are on my doorstep on the same night! Holy dilemma!

Gone for the Jayhawks lads in the end. Asked our lass if she wanted to come and see Gary and Mark, and she thought I meant those Manc Monkeys from Take That. No hope for her I'm afraid.

On a smaller scale ive got my band in at the varsity in wolves on July 26th for an acoustic night.

I thought, acoustic, sunday wed get a few people.

Just found out its £4 in!! now thats a bit much for a quiet night when the buses are cr*p!!!

NME were speculating that jacko tickets will become collectors items, much like the 1994 nirvana tour that never was tickets which they said can fetch a good price, personally i think there are too many in circulation for them to ever be worth more than face value, but it'd be interesting to know how much 1 is worth in 20 years time

NME were speculating that jacko tickets will become collectors items, much like the 1994 nirvana tour that never was tickets which they said can fetch a good price, personally i think there are too many in circulation for them to ever be worth more than face value, but it'd be interesting to know how much 1 is worth in 20 years time

I think my brother had one of those Nirvana tickets, for AV Leisure centre if I remember right. Not sure what he did with it mind.

• 3 weeks later...
Both Taj Mahal, and Gary Louris and Marc Olsen from the Jayhawks are playing on the same night, at different stages, at the Sage in Gateshead. Seen them both before, both brilliant and swore that I'd travel anywhere in this country, and possibly beyond, to see either again only to find both are on my doorstep on the same night! Holy dilemma!

Gone for the Jayhawks lads in the end. Asked our lass if she wanted to come and see Gary and Mark, and she thought I meant those Manc Monkeys from Take That. No hope for her I'm afraid.

Well, last night was just brilliant. Great band, great venue, great seats and I got to have a chat with them and get them to sign a couple of CDs afterwards.

I got to meet two of my musical heroes who wrote the songs that were the soundtrack to my late teens and early twenties - songs which I've turned to during good times and bad for nearly 20 years.

I'm still buzzing now.

the streets are coming to the acadamy in september mite get tickets to see them

i'm desperate to see spiritualized at the sage in newcastle as well, they are playing the whole ladies and gentlemen album with a full orchastra

saw them a few months ago as well and the were fooking quality

ive got the money for it but me mate is struggling for work at the moment and i mite haveto pay for his ticket, he still owes me 60 quid for the bob dylan concert that we went to and owes me £100 it total so i dont really wanna keep lending him money till he has an absolute shed load to pay me back

Â