The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Tin hat time for me when saying this to you Oasis haters...

Beady Eye at the O2 Apollo in Manchester on Sunday 6th March. Villa away at Bolton on the Saturday so a big weekend on the cards.\

Oh and Black Rebel Motorcycle CLub at the Academy a week on Tuesday (7th Dec)

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Tim Minchin at Nottingham Arena on Saturday, playing with a full symphony orchestra. Was different to seeing him play in the smaller Memorial Hall in Sheffield a few years ago, in front of about 500 people - there were several thousand in the arena. Very entertaining both times, though.

• 2 months later...

enjoyed some live newband music in cardiff for the first time in aaaages on saturday night it was great fun, had been over a ayear since jello biafra and the guantanamo school of medicine before that.

tonight off to see mark steel at the glee club, can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Dan Michaelson & The Coastguards at Milo in Leeds last night, featuring my mate on steel pedal and guitar. Well worth trying to catch them on tour with I Am Kloot in May.

Their support band The Wooden Sky are worth checking out too, if you get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...
Tin hat time for me when saying this to you Oasis haters...

Beady Eye at the O2 Apollo in Manchester on Sunday 6th March. Villa away at Bolton on the Saturday so a big weekend on the cards.\

Oh and Black Rebel Motorcycle CLub at the Academy a week on Tuesday (7th Dec)

You should never have to defend yourself for liking Oasis dude. They were brilliant .

Things are picking up, will be heading back to Southampton in the coming months to see Matt Berry, followed by Howling Bells at Joiners (which is a tiny, tiny venue so there is every possibility I will get to touch and/or smell Juanita Stein... mmmmmmm).

3032007800_7dd29d1c44.jpg

A younger me would have also gone to see And So I Watch You From Afar the day before Howling Bells, but I'm far too lazy to do consecutive weekday gigs anymore. :P

Â